“Church Point Chill-out”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were very impressed with Church Point. Having travelled from Norfolk (the best part of 300 miles). It was worth every bit of the long journey. Lovely peaceful surroundings, accommodation was superb, even though we were in a 'bronze', when we have been used to a 'Gold plus' with the family in the past. We have to say we wondered what the 'Bronze' would be like, but we didn't need to have worried. The staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble, Andy was great, so helpful, an excellent representative of your company.
The security staff were great too.
We would thoroughly recommend Church Point to anyone who wants to 'chill-out', if was so quite, and right next to the beach and golf course.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert D
Park R, General Manager at Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hi Robert, thanks very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Being from Great Yarmouth myself I can appreciate the drive and its great that the journey was worth it. Church point really is a pretty park which offer the rest and relaxation that we all need from time to time so I am really happy that you had a good time. It is great to read that you would recommend us and thank you for that. I suggest that you fill up the petrol tank and come and see us again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

this was a perfect holiday for me my husband and two kids and the dog, firstly the people there are lovely we had no problems with teenagers or any thing like that. the caravan was perfect it looked brand new even though it was a bronze !! plenty of room even with my huge hound.

we about two caravans away from the sea so we got to go there anytime in the day, we even had a view of a beautiful church. the shops were just a short walk and all the staff there are friendly and welcoming.

all in all I would say this was a wonferful holiday and we will be returning for a longer stay next time !!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather T
Park R, General Manager at Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hi Heather , thank you so much for your kind words and feedback on Trip Advisor, I am so pleased that you and your family and the dog had a lovely time with us. The park is beautiful and I am so pleased that you found the team to be friendly and welcoming. It really is a lovely park and like you say it’s very well situated.

We really hope you get back to see us all soon and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked a bronze caravan and were upgraded to silver when we arrived. The caravan was not ready on arrival as it was brand new and had only been delivered to site that morning. We had a few issues over weekend with getting passes, barrier key and shower breaking but the caravan was beautiful and as I say brand new we were the first to stay in it. The site at church point is mostly owners. Lovely and quiet and you still get to use all the facilities at sandy bay ( just down road in car) the site staff not used to tourists as they been used to catering for owners but they tried their best. this site can only get better. Had a lovely holiday here would return again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank VikkiShields
Park R, New General Manager 2013 at Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Hello Vikki and thank you for posting your review following your recent holiday at Church Point.
I am sorry the accommodation wasn’t ready for you on your arrival but as you say, the holiday home was brand new and regrettably we had a couple of slight issues getting it 100% ready for you. Due to the popularity of Church Point, Park Resorts have added more holiday homes to meet the demand of our guests. The park certainly has some stunning views and as you say, the nearby facilities at our sister park - Sandy Bay are available to use for all our guests.
Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the park in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I hired a caravan for three nights. The weather unfortunately battered us with freezing howling winds. Despite this we really enjoyed ourselves. The caravan was very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful and helped to cheer us up. The local people are very friendly too. We visited the Maritime Centre and Whitley Bay and visited the castle/abbey ruins in Tynemouth. This was a new area for us to visit and we will certainly come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank winesipperHull

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent holiday with us – It was great to see you really enjoyed your stay, despite the poor weather. Unfortunately the weather has been awful although I am pleased to say it is now improving!

Church Point is a great base to take in all the sights of the Northumberland coastline and I am pleased you were able to do this.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and I do hope we get to welcome you back to the park in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

very nice caravan,site nice and quiet just what we wanted,beautifull views wish site was open in november wanted to come back for my birthday, the caravan was perfect brilliant views of the bay outside our french doors, would return locals in pubs very friendly,the site was perfect

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank markmarshall1970
Park R, New General Manager 2013 at Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your great review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Church Point is a great base to take in all the sights of the Northumberland coastline, in particular the stunning sea views from the park itself.

I do hope we get to welcome you back to the park again in the future and should you wish to stay with us in November, this may now be possible as Church Point now holds a 12 month holiday licence! Please call us direct on l 01670 815055 and ask for Mark.

Once again thank you for your lovely comments.

A TripAdvisor Member
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Lovely site very quite. Just right for us.Very nice beach and promenade. Lovely cafe and musem ,also main street good for shops ,plenty take aways lovely bakery shop.Caravan very good for a bronze one.We are going back next June.Museum atWoodburn Colliery worth a visit and all the other places.Plenty to see and do.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your lovely review and I am so pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. Church point is a great base to take in all the sights of the Northumberland coastline and it was great that you were able to take advantage of this.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the park again in June.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

A bit late posting this but wanted to let people know about the park as there are few reviews online.

I had low expectations as we went for a bronze caravan and it was very very cheap. I just wanted a week away and figured it was just a roof over our heads and somewhere warm and dry to come home to (I usually camp at this time of year).

When we arrived at the caravan I was very pleasantly surprised. It was huge - much bigger than the caravans I've rented in Norfolk and Cornwall. Very well equipped kitchen and comfy living room area. En suite bathroom in the main bedroom and even a walk in wardrobe.

Caravan park is immaculate. Pretty flower beds everywhere.

The town itself is a bit run down and not particularly picturesque but has friendly pubs and restaurants. Next time I think I would head further up the coast where it's a bit more scenic but I can't fault the caravan park or caravan at all.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank monsterwilliamson
Park R, General Manager at Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Hi :) Glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by our caravans and that you enjoyed your stay at Church Point - sorry to hear that you'll be moving on next year but we're glad that you had a good time and hope you enjoy your next holiday! We'd love to welcome you to another Park Resorts site somewhere further up the coast! :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
Premier Inn Ashington Hotel
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosfort...
#35 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
#2 of 4 in Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
The Plough Inn
The Plough Inn
#1 of 2 in Ellington

Been to Church Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!