With a lot of snow fall recently i was a little worried about being stranded in such a rural location but the roads had been cleared and when i approached the hotel i was pleased to see the whole car park area and surrounding pathways had also been cleared. the welcome was warm and friendly and i was helpfully told of my free internet access, access to the leisure facilities and choice of restaurant or bar menu options for dinner. i had not opted for breakfast but was told if i changed my mind just to pop along in the morning.
The room was spacious and warm, decorated tastefully in a traditional themeand above all was clean and fresh, plus i had a beautiful view of rolling hills covered in snow as a bonus.
The only catch with the room was i could hear the TV through an ajoining room door, that was obviously locked, but the occupants were obviously aware of my presence too and were considerate and in all i had a lovely nights sleep.
i opted for the bar for a casual evening meal, the lady on duty was delightfully helpful when i queried the menu and even poped off the the kitchen (which apparently was upstairs) to check if there was kidney in the steak pie, [i am a very fussy eater :) ] the pie was served with mash and seasonal vegatables very quickly, was pipping hot and was delicious.
The leisure facilities....the pool.... was lovely and warm although quite small ... with 3 people trying to swim there was just enough room, when a 4th person arrived i got out to give the others room. ideal for a group of friends but a little too cosy for strangers, lol. i still enjoyed my 20 min dip though.
i will definately be revisiting this Hotel in the future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully set in twenty acres of Northumberland countryside and overlooking the Derwent Valley, Derwent Manor offers the warmest of welcomes. With its country house ambiance, elegant decor and professional team, this is the ideal venue for business and leisure guests alike. Derwent Manor boasts 48 spacious en-suite bedrooms , doubles, double x doubles and suites many with stunning views over the Northumberland countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel Allensford
- Best Western Northumberland
- Best Western Hotel Northumberland