had a two day dinner b and b break mid week, nice hotel, rooms were rather dated but comfortable beds, pool area was good, however the evening meal was a big let down, having stayed in other best westerns we were very disappointed with the bland and tasteless food. the service was poor we didnt even get offered a drink. we did complain to the restaurant manageress who we felt couldn't care less.
On the second evening we ate in the bar hoping for better, but the food was no better and overpriced, also the barmaids were not dressed appropriately all showing large bare expanses of belly which was not professional and offensive.
we would not stay in a 3 star best western again as have always stayed in 4 stars in the past and the difference is enormous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully set in twenty acres of Northumberland countryside and overlooking the Derwent Valley, Derwent Manor offers the warmest of welcomes. With its country house ambiance, elegant decor and professional team, this is the ideal venue for business and leisure guests alike. Derwent Manor boasts 48 spacious en-suite bedrooms , doubles, double x doubles and suites many with stunning views over the Northumberland countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel Allensford
- Best Western Northumberland
- Best Western Hotel Northumberland