“Excellent Food And Value All At The Right Price!”
Review of The Pytchley

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Haddon
The Pytchley
Ranked #1 of 4 West Haddon B&B and Inns
Ludlow
“Excellent Food And Value All At The Right Price!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We met here for a family gathering before Christmas. Everything was excellent, The place was busy from the time we arrived at 12 noon to the time we left at about 17.45.

We all had the roast with various meat options. Beef, Lamb , Turkey or pork. All the meats were very tender. The measl came all plated up complete with veg, which was ok but I would rather have had them separate on then table. The puddings were good too. I usually find this is the part of the meal that lets thing down, but they were all beautifully presented. We also had to place the food order at the bar which I thought unusal at the time, however thier system all worked well, and we had a lovely time. Very Family friendly and Excellent value for money. We shall definately be going again! Thank you to everyone for a lovely time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Have to admit when we arrived in the car park we were going to drive back out as so busy. But having parked we were greeted with friendly staff and they took our names and we were sitting down within 20 mins. We thought owing to the numbers we would wait for food etc. But I have to say WE WERE VERY IMPRESSED. The ordering system is good as you write your order and take it to the bar. The service was excellent and the hotel owner spoke to those in the restaurant, he was very approachable and made you feel very welcome. We would HIGHLY recommend this place to eat with family friends or just as a couple we are going back again very soon. Give it a try you will not be disappointed with the food service and value for money as well as a very clean and comfy bar and restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 504202Sunlover
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Ate here after a personal recommendation and was not disappointed.The price of the "small plates" for the quality of the food was a very nice suprise.unless you have a man size appetite i dont think you need any more than a small plate sized meal. the fresh cod and chips with peas and homemade tartar sauce was £6.50.i imagine if you did have the full size meal you wouldnt want any more food that day. the menu was extensive and the special board too. i defy anyone to not find something that they fancy. it was quite busy for a village pub at lunchtime but the service was efficient and the food came quickly.the decor does worry you as you walk in but it isnt a fair representation of the quality of the dining experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RFamilyof6
Lutterworth
Reviewed October 19, 2012

A very comprehensive menu with something for everybody. A nice touch is the option for "small plates" on a lot of the main meals. Prices are very fair and represent very good value for money. Food quality is excellent and the servings are generous. I had steak Ribeye steak and asked for Medium. I should have asked for Medium Rare but it was very tasty. The service is a little on the slow side, quite a wait between starter and main course and we had to attract a waiter to get the sweet menu, but it was Sunday lunch time so they were busy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Upon entering The Pytchley Inn you may fear the worst as the decor is a little dated. Once you have ordered from the bar you will realise that this tradition inn looks after it's drink stock superbly and delivers a good pint of ale and a decent variety of wine.

Two 9oz sirloin steaks and two large glasses of wine for £31 would leave you expecting lowest standard meat and vinegar wine. This is simply not the case. The meat is of a high standard and the red wine I had was more than passable to wash it down. I fail to see how anyone could be disappointed for the money you pay.

We will happily be returning again, very soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Edward P
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Ate here for the 2nd time this year.

Everything about this place works so well and it works.

The food again did not disappoint, and for how busy they were, there was not a wait.

Highly recommend the lamb and whitebait.

• Stayed September 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had eaten here before with a business colleague and it was very nice.
I therefore decided to take my wife for dinner on Friday night and it was very average. I am aware that this restaurant has great reviews therefore I wish to be really objective as I am not a tripadvisor serial complainer.
1. We sat in the ' restaurant' which is actually an extension of the bar with the same standard of seating and service.
I tried to place my order at the bar and in the absence of a proper queuing system the employee allowed 2 people to push in front of me and as one was a big table it was really annoying.
2. Starters of mushrooms and pâté were very good and came quickly - then came the problem.
3. We waited 30 mins for our main course and when it did arrive the waiter apologised without me saying anything which alluded to acknowledging a problem. My fillet steak was undercooked as I ordered medium and it was bordering rare and the chips etc were Luke warm as was my wife's.

All in all this is a busy pub with pub food of a decent standard but nothing else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
#3 of 29 in Northampton
The Crown
The Crown
#2 of 4 in West Haddon

Been to The Pytchley? Share your experiences!