“Beautiful lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2014

4.4.14
4 adults
We had a fantastic lunch at 'Limes Farm'.
Tasty, clean, lovely atmosphere and very friendly helpful staff. Can't wait to go back. DB

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have been to Limes farm quickly passing by for work in the past as I find it a lovely setting to read and enjoy lunch. I love the menu but had never took my children. We went for lunch as a family at the weekend and were greeted by lovely staff who were fantastic with the children. They pointed out where to go to find the animals - cows, pigs and bunnies which my children loved. The food was excellent with matching service. I loved the lovely toffee apple latte which was recommended by the manager who was very attentive. We will definitely be returning soon to try the handmade pies.

1  Thank Emma E
Reviewed March 30, 2014

After looking at several places to take my mum for mothers day I decided on Limes farm .The website looked great and the description for the afternoon tea looked good. I was Paying £15.00 per head so was expecting something special for this.
Very disappointing when we arrived our food was already at the table and I think had been sitting there a little while. The food was presented on a wooden chopping board which was a little odd I was expecting it to be on fine bone china. The sandwiches were awful the bread was dry and the filling of a very poor quality and to make matters worse the cakes and scones were mixed in with the sandwiches which looked horrible. This is not how I would expect a afternoon tea to be presented. We should have also received a glass of champagne with our tea but this never arrived.
When I complained about the quality of food and service I feel the manger could of done more to resolve the situation .I like to support smaller local business but unfortunately on this occasion I will not be re visiting as the customer service was poor and are overall experience was not good.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Looked for a local farm shop near to Banbury and discovered this establishment online do decided to got it a try and we weren't disappointed either, met by polite staff and shown to a table, given time to peruse the menu instead of being hurried to choose, that goes a long way in my book I must say! The only down side was it was a like chilly because they had to keep the door open but that's by the by.
We would recommend this to anyone .. Give it a try if you're passing.

1  Thank basman52
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went this morning for breakfast - staff were really welcoming and the tables were pretty, with pink napkins, flowers and cutlery in buckets. Good atmosphere too, with people just relaxing, reading the paper and chatting.

We had eggs and toast, and the pancakes with syrup and bacon. The eggs were served with a tiny cup of beans and were lovely, toast was good and the bacon was crispy but the pancakes weren't fresh - they came out of the freezer and sadly you could tell.

Shop was well stocked with local things, would go back again.

1  Thank lmbh12