See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Peaceful place, vinh is amazing, she helped us in every thing we need. Her trips is very good. authentic place, there is air conditioner in the private room, but in dorms the is fan, shower is very clean. The price included breakfast, and you can order lunch or dinner if you want.

Date of stay: September 2017
4  Thank לימור ס
Martijn_den_Breejen, Guest Relations Manager at Hoa Ban Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Thank you for you kind words! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Hoa Ban. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

We did have a pleasant stay, but to be honest homestays in Lac village are pretty much all the same and offer same kind of "packages". There are so many of them that one kinda loses the feel of authenticity was looking for. Also, this homestay is actually outside Lac village, some maps don't position it properly.

We had a private double room with shared toilet facilities; room was ok, not the cleanest nor the biggest, and didn't have any door handle or door lock. No air conditioning eather, but that's a privilege in Mai Chau.

Only one shower had hot water, but toilets were reasonably clean.

The homestay provides guests with food if so agreed, with an extra charge, but it's not a restaurant so there will not be any other food for other guests. This apparently is pretty much the same for all homestays, one need to go to Mai Chau main road to find some sort of restaurant, and unfortunately Hoa Ban homestay is a bit far from it (about 2 km).
Location looks peacefull but turned out being pretty noisy, both during evening and early in the morning, mostly because of the neighbors.

The lady owning the property is very kind and easy to communicate with; the factory in front of the homestay represents a very good initiative.

Overall it's an ok place to stay for few nights, but could improve.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

I absolutely loved my stay at the Hoa Ban Homestay. Not only are are the rooms excellent and the food outstanding, the people who work at this peaceful place are some of the friendliest people I have met!! In my opinion staying at the Hoa Ban Homestay will guaranteed provide you with an unique and unforgettable experience!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank eline v
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Mai Chau is a beautiful place. But to really appreciate the culture and relaxed pace of local life I think you have to stay at a homestay. That's what I did with Hoa Ban Homestay and it felt like I was part of the family. I was greeted with tea and drinks, had a comfy private room on one night and got to stay in a larger shared room on stilts another night. This was traditional and felt like I was living like the locals. The roof was thatched and there were curtains between the other beds here.

The meals were all traditional Vietnamese food and I ate with the other guests. The staff played games and we even were driven on bikes to Karaoke with the locals one night. During the day I could cycle through the rice fields as they have bicycles available.

They have a shop on the other side of the street where local women make bags, clothes and toys. And they let you look in the factory area and view the embroidery and manufacturing process, using looms and sewing machines. Its a pretty impressive sight.

I'd definitely recommend this place as guests are made to feel like part of the family.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms are more comfortable and some have ensuites. Upstairs rooms are a more authentic experience.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank chrismcv90
Reviewed June 20, 2016

everybody is so friendly and helpful. i hope that i could stay in one more time when i come back and traveling with local people. everything looks like my hometown but something more interesting. thanks

Room tip: stay on stilt house and enjoy local dace
Date of stay: June 2016