“Excellent place to stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olney
The Lindens Guest House
Ranked #1 of 4 Olney B&B and Inns
Cottingham
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Lindens on a few occasions and have found it very homely, spotlessly clean and comfortable. The breakfast is superb and cooked to order. Although some of the rooms are overlooking the main road, which can get quite busy, there is no noise to speak of. The Lindens doesn't offer evening meals (at least I don't think so) but there plenty of dining places to choose from in the town covering all tastes.

The one thing to be aware of is that payment is by cash or cheque only - no plastic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank BFNBs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Leeds
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We chose The Lindens because of the reviews and were not disappointed- the double bedroom was spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed. Room temperature was just right. Good powerful shower. Breakfast was delicious in a lovely room overlooking the garden. There is a very comfortable, large lounge. Olney is a lovely market town with numerous interesting shops and cafes.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Anne T
Worcestershire
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night before an event nearby. I wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the hospitality. We stayed in the garden room, which was a real delight, spotlessly clean, nicely decorated and with a separate conservatory dining/seating area. The owners were lovely and very obliging as we had to be up at 4am. The village itself was great with plenty of places to eat. A really pleasant surprise to find such a gem, as we only booked it as it was near to where we were going. Would reccomend for a romantic night or weekend away and would love to return for a slightly less fleeting visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Suzie1979
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Stayed at The Lindens on Friday 13th July 2012. We had one twin and one single ( all that was available at time of booking weeks in advance). Can't fault it in any way. Immaculate rooms, both with ensuite, great hostess and tasty brekkie. Thank you Virginia.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Jackie W
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is such a lovely place. I had a large double room with a huge bathroom. I was still only charged for a single occupancy. Everything was very tasteful, comfortable and clean. There is a large lounge for guests, although I didn't have time to use it and breakfast was served in the conservatory overlooking the garden. Really welcoming place and the lady who runs it is charming. When I had an early breakfast and was the only person there, she was very chatty in a nice way without being intrusive.

Would have prefered a duvet rather than sheets/blanket, but that's personal choice. The bed was very comfortable and the quality of bedding/towels was very good.

I'm often in Olney as I have family there, and had previously been recommended another place which was nice enough but where I had a tiny single room and was charged over the odds for it. Wish I'd found The Lindens before. It's a really lovely place and I'd highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I was in room one, which is at the back of the property so was nice and quiet,