Book In Advance
Tours from Kayaking and Biking Sulina, Danube Delta tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews great guide flora and fauna incredible beauty looking forward day trip danube delta bikes pace adventure camping guidance landscape trips forest nature birds boat
Reviewed September 21, 2018

We had a beautiful, relaxed and very inspiring day together with Ciprian and Janine paddling with one kayak and one canoe through the green canals of the Danube Delta around Sulina. Although the weather was a bit windy which made paddling more exhausting than otherwise, the hours we spent together we will never forget! The trip could be organized very spontaneously the evening before, our two guides Janine and Cipiran were very welcoming and we felt save and well guided the whole day. Not only the landscape is unforgettable, but also how we have been always encouraged to relax, not to stress, but enjoy the time on the water. We got interesting information about flora and fauna and had on the whole inspiring, deep conversations, that we are very thankful for! All the best, Ciprian and Janine - please keep this meaningful work going as long as you can!

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank karll17
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and choose the kayak. The canoe is hard to maneuver, really exhausting after 8+ hours and quite bad for your back.
Other than that, it would have been great to get more details about the little things going on in the delta. Plants, frogs, current in the brackwaters, old soviet buildings. Really whatever you can think of, since there was little to no information about things like that.

The homestay with janina was excellent, great hospitality and cutest cat overdose of out lifes ;)

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank panora2016
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Guides are great and adapt to the level of the participants. We went through small pathes, wild reeds and saw birds, water chesnuts, etc. We recommend!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

We had one perfect trip with calins romanian guide who went kayaking with us. Fair price, guide who knew what he did the whole time and wonderful landscape.

The other trip we had with janine, calins colleague. She completely overpriced a boat trip to letea. (Twice the price the locals at the harbor offerd) The boat was way too small, there was no shadow in the heat and it took hours to get there. She could not translate the romanian "guide" through the forest to a sattisfying level. The trip was badly organised and there was no satisfying communication.

Date of experience: June 2018
enecalin1969, Guide at Kayaking and Biking Sulina, Danube Delta, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Hello Kathrin

I am very sorry to hear that the Letea-Tour with me was bad for you.

Just let me give you some more information about our pricing: we did the tour according to your wishes with a motorboat which we had to rent (the original plan was to cycle), then there was the horse carriage into the forest (not just to the edge of it like with the motor vehicles of the locals) and a nice walk to the dunes. I can't remember not having translated what our guide said but maybe I'm wrong...

In addition there was also the huge three-course fish meal in the traditional Restaurant included in the price and the whole tour took all day, as planned - we are Slow Motion Tours after all!

I do hope you understand better now and wish you happy times with all your projects!

Sincerely, Janine

Reviewed June 9, 2018

When I arrived, Janine gave me a very warm welcome and introduced me to the place. She offered me a great access to Sulina and it’s rich history!
My stay in a caravan at Calin's site, in a beautiful and simple surrounding close to the water, was perfect. Many delicious surprises were offered to me and I enjoyed the company of his admirable and friendly dogs.
The long day trip with kayak with Calin belongs to the brightest highlights of my time in Romania. He is an excellent guide with a profound knowledge of flora and fauna, and well prepared to react to every situation. Calin is a master in finding a silent rhythm to come close and closer to the incredible beauty and variety of the Danube Delta. It was enjoyable sporting & most of all striking poetic! The art of making a (to) short time long-lasting and unforgettable!

Date of experience: June 2018
enecalin1969, Owner at Kayaking and Biking Sulina, Danube Delta, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Very intense one day experiențe in a lot of sense, thank you for the wonderful person you are, and for your choice to taste the Danube Delta in slow motion way! Unforgetable!

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

We arranged a day trip with Calin at the last minute (the day before) and had a really great day kayaking through the Danube Delta. Calin was very warm and reassuring when the wind picked up a bit and the kayaking was a bit more challenging and he went at the right pace for us throughout the day. It was amazing to escape the groups of tours in noisy powerboats and see the wildlife from the peaceful calm of a kayak. Would recommend 100%.

Date of experience: May 2018