“Fascinating Day Out”

British Motor Museum
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Gaydon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Home to the world's largest collection of historic British cars the British Motor Museum has over 300 vehicles on display spanning the classic, vintage and veteran eras. With a selection of interactive exhibitions and family activities, the museum is ideal for both families and enthusiasts alike. Situated in Gaydon, Warwickshire just off junction 12 of the M40.
Oxford, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Fascinating Day Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is an Aladdin's treasure-trove of old vehicles in mint condition - talk about a time travel trip to childhood days of the past! The staff are helpful and friendly, plus there's a well-appointed restaurant on site. My son showed me some Aston Martins and it afforded me the chance to dream, yet the highlight for me was something far more simple - an almost exact replica of my Dad's old Vauxhall Viva!

Visited September 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We visited this museum recently with our 3year old grandson and must say it is excellent, we really enjoyed it and our grandson loved it so much he didn't want to leave, he loved seeing all the cars which were in pristine condition, we couldn't keep him out of the 2 cars he was allowed to sit in and pretend to drive, also lots of interaction stations to keep him amused too! All the staff were helpful and smiley and obviously loved their work, we enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant, all in all a great day out and would recommend visiting.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MaryMayneord
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Excellent museum but maybe not excellent value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We visited the museum in September as part of a weekend away in Warwickshire.

Firstly the museum is very good with some excellent displays and exhibits, it is very hands on and you do get close to the cars, therefore I would recommend it.

However I would suggest it is a little expensive compared to museums in other countries, and in my opinion not quite as good, hence 4 stars.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kodi2010
Wisbech Saint Mary, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Really Loved This Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Really helpful exhibits about the history of UK Car Manufacture .Some interesting concept cars. I loved the story of the factory of Austin Pedal cars which were made by disabled miners. A bashed up Landrover from Skyfall. A Delorean from Back to the Future, They had some really cute minis you could put little kids in to take around the site. I had an adult with me who was jealous he couldn't get into one. The cinema with the old seats was cute . There are also large gatherings of car clubs and rallies here through the year so if you are planning to go check their events. You can also do the Land Rover experience on the site which we didn't try. Well worth a visit for Classic Car Buffs and their families. Apparently you can use your Tesco club card points which I noticed afterwards

Visited November 2013
1 Thank FalmouthLucy
Hayling Island, Hants, England
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Gem of a museum to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Saw the heritage sign on our way to Dudley so stopped off to visit the museum.

On walking round my husband found a fantastic renovated 1935 Austin Seven car which his Father "Pat Driscoll" had driven at Brooklands in 1934 .Pat had taken the lap record in the Mountain Handicap at its first outing so it was amazing to see a car which he had driven 79 years earlier. The volunteer gentleman on the reception desk was really interesting to talk to and when we told him about the car he came over to chat to pick up more knowledge about Pat.

Gift aid is an excellent idea in exchange for free entry for the following year and will definaely try and go back for a much longer visit next time as too much to see properly in the limited time we had to spend up there. Hope that the same volunteer gentleman is working and we can do a tour with him to listen to some of his fantastic knowledge he seems to have on so many of the cars.

Visited October 2013