All reviews the pub real ale flat iron steak landlord accommodation ee ales villagers
Reviewed November 3, 2014

I go here fairly frequently for both business and leisure. The food is always of a very good, informal standard with a warm welcome.

I will continue to visit and am looking forward to the Winter months when the fire will be lit :-)

Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank tle88
Reviewed October 31, 2014 via mobile

I had lunch, hadn't been to The Jolly Tar for years and it had some good reviews on Trip Advisor so we thought we would give it a go. My husband and I had homemade steak and ale pie and my daughter had Cajun chicken. My daughter enjoyed her food but she is only 13 and likes simple plain food. However, my husband and I were very disappointed with our's. It cost over £10 so we were expecting it to be quite a hearty meal, there was hardly any filling and it came with frozen french fries and random tomato and a very soggy mushroom, both of which I think were there to fill out the plate. The actual pub is nice but we could have got the same meal for a fraction of the cost at a hungry horse. Location is not enough, you need to put in some effort, hence why the pub was empty on a lovely Friday lunchtime.

• Stayed: October 2014
2  Thank noggynooWiltshire
Reviewed October 26, 2014

A great pub/hotel.
I could not fault the staff helpful, polite and courteous. The rooms are stable conversions and the one I was in was rather small but as I was alone so that wasn't an issue. Perfectly clean and well equipped room with parking right outside the door.
The bar area had a great selection of drinks on draught.
The food is exceptional I had a 500 gsm Flat Iron steak 1 of the best steaks I've ever had, I will certainly visit again.
There was no in room wifi as I was too far away but free wifi in the bar area.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2014

Very welcoming pub with excellent accommodation. Very friendly and helpful staff, food was lovely and freshly cooked, plenty of choice for leisurely breakfast. Would definitely return if visiting the area again.

Room Tip: All rooms looked good, Wi fi only available within the pub/restaurant.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2014

This charming little pub is worth searching out. It serves some really good pub grub and their beers are well looked after.
It works for a simple meal or would be ideal if you're looking for somewhere to celebrate a special occasion.
The staff are friendly and service is quick and cheerful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple