All reviews the pub real ale flat iron steak landlord accommodation ee ales villagers
Reviewed October 13, 2014

This charming little pub is worth searching out. It serves some really good pub grub and their beers are well looked after.
It works for a simple meal or would be ideal if you're looking for somewhere to celebrate a special occasion.
The staff are friendly and service is quick and cheerful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andys-biking
Reviewed September 28, 2014

We stayed here for one night as part of our journey home from Devon. We arrived before the pub was open & despite being told how to make ourselves known by ringing the bell, this didn't seem to be working & my partner had to wander round knocking on doors & windows til he made the landlord hear.The ground floor room was great, big enough & with a good en-suite, & it was only a short step to the dining conservatory. The meals were interesting, not all the usual things & the service was good although maybe we had to wait quite a while for our starter but they were very busy. We had a good nights sleep & enjoyed the breakfast, plenty of choice & again friendly service from the landlord. Despite there being a time to check out we were told not to hurry, just leave when we were ready. All in all a very pleasant stay, we would return if in that area.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2014

We were staying down to attend an evening wedding reception and found this great place in Hannington for 75 pounds. The rooms are all clean and modern and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had no idea where we were going and the owner arranged a taxi for us and made sure we were looked after. I would definitely stay here again to explore the local area as it is lovely. The pub I also served great food and had a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Rang to see whether I needed to book for lunch on Wednesday and was told very curtly, "Well we've got a party of 20 in, so there will be a delay with the food". Booked anyway for 1.30, as the lady seemed to think they would all have finished eating by then. Stood at the bar for a few minutes on arrival and then told the (presumed) manager that I had a table booked for 1.30. He looked at me like I was mad, looked at the clock and just said, "And?". I felt really stupid, so I asked whether there was a table free, he looked through the hatch to the restaurant, shrugged his shoulders and said, "I doubt it. It's rammed in there!" My daughter suggested we add another chair to a table of 2 (we were told to make sure they could still get through with the food), which we duly did, and sat down with our drinks. Nobody came over to give us an indication of how long things were likely to be, or to take our order, so, after about 15 minutes, we got up and walked out!

Such a shame because the place itself was lovely, and previous reviews indicated that the food was excellent. I guess now I'll never know...

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Wilfuss
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Great place to stay. I have to stay away on business and I have found somewhere which is a fantastic stopover. Comfortable bed, lovely room and incredible value. Breakfast was freshly cooked from scratch. Delicious. Great coffee and a good range of breakfast cereals and fruit/yogurt. My evening meal was also excellent. Fresh, nicely cooked ingredients. A cut above normal pub grub. I will make this a regular. Great for business or weekend leisure as it's really close to the Cotswolds but without the crowds or price tag. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business