“More like a country house hotel than a Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Reading West
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Padworth
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“More like a country house hotel than a Holiday Inn”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The number of times I ask for a quiet room in a hotel but then find we are kept awake all night by noisy guests, BUT HEY THIS HOTEL LISTENS. They listened before we arrived and during our stay. The hotel is delightful. Very clean such that everywhere shines and gleams. Anna the super receptionist was cleaning the brass door knobs to fill in some time one morning. All the staff were genuinely helpful and welcoming. They brought us hot milk to go with our morning coffee and made us porridge. The breakfast was cooked to individual requests. The food was good and well cooked. I was not expecting this level of attention and service. It was incredibly good value. And we had 4 perfectly quiet nights. Thank you so much for listening.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to post your review, the team will be delighted by your commnets and very pleased you had such a great stay with us at Holiday Inn Reading West. In particular, I will ensure Alena on reception is made aware of your kind words and that we recognise her efforts.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed March 30, 2013

on arrival we were greeted by a friendly helpful person on reception,when we got to our room we were pleasantly surprised by what we saw the room was clean and generally well presented we were attending a wedding close by and the receptionist was happy to organise a taxi for us and called the room to let us know he had arrived when we returned the night porter was helpful and polite supplying extra tea bags and milk on request,breakfast the following morning was fantastic value for money and very tasty I would not hesitate to stay here again if in the area

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Philip J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words, I am delighted you enjoyed you stay. We hope we will have the pleasure of you company again in the not too distant future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I find that Holiday Inns, sadly, vary in their quality and service, so was a little nervous about staying here on business. I needn't have worried...it does exactly what it says on the tin and it does it well. The welcome I received at reception was warm, helpful and friendly, and the reception staff remained so for my entire stay. The rooms were spotless (holiday inn decor standards, but spotless so I don't care) and the food was good. Lots of lovely staff on hand all the time for whatever you needed. Loved it. Although it was a work trip it was a pleasure to be there!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Philip J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words.

Having only 50 guet bedrooms we are one of the smaller Holiday Inns in the UK and hopefully we use this to our advantage by being able to get to know our guests and try and deliver an indivudual and caring service.

I will esnure the team are made aware of your feedback, it does really help make all their hard work and effort feel worthwhile, especially in a world where people are very quick to complain but perhaps not so quick so say well done; thank you very much for this.

I very hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Reading West in the near future.

UK
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Maybe you choose Holiday Inn for exotic, quirky or plush hotels. If you do, this hotel may disappoint. If you want somewhere comfortable where the staff are keen to make a good stay, then this will hit the target. Rooms are fine, breakfasts are good and everything works well. For a good value evening meal the Butt Inn 10 mins walk away is a good bet, but there's slightly pricey food at the hotel. If you need a hotel in this slightly out of the way location, you could do worse

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Philip J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for posting your review and thank you for the very kind words about the hotel and especially the team at Holiday Inn Reading West.

I would like to point out that the hotel is only 3 miles from M4 jct 12 and within easy travel of both Reading and Newbury plus the several villages in between. Being located off the A4 transport links are easy and there is a bus stop right outside the hotel serving both Reading and Newbury and you can be at Aldermaston Staion in less than 15 minute walk.

The Butt Inn in Aldermaston is a nice local pub and does service good food - we used it for our team Xmas Dinner in January, however, I would just point out that things like the burgers, chicken and steaks on our lounge menu, as well as desserts are priced very similarly so I hope you might give that a go next time you are here.

Manchester
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular visitor to Holiday Inns (platinum Priority Club member), so must say I was really disappointed with my stay here. So much so that if I stay in the area again, I shall be looking to stay elsewhere.

I arrived late (around 11:30pm) and as expected, there was plenty of free on site parking.

My 'welcome' was shambolic. I'm not expecting red carpet treatment... A simple greeting, plus some information on breakfast, location of my room etc would be useful! The chap who came to reception was scruffy and didn't bother to tell me anything! I had to ask about breakfast times... I had to ask whether or not the room was prepaid....I had to ask whereabouts my room was. Not a great start! I showed him my platinum card and no response.... He didn't even check to see if there were any room upgrades available.

I went to Room 21 and noticed several things...
i) the bathroom floor had not been cleaned properly.
Ii) The double room was 2 single beds pushed/fastened together.
Iii) the noise from the air conditioning unit was excessive
Iv) when you use the iron, you twist a dial to reflect how long you want the iron to stay on for. Appreciate this is a safety mechanism but it sounds like an egg timer! Therefore, it's the most infuriating noise ever!!

Things like this should not happen in a competitive industry!

I needed some sleep, so didn't raise these issues and I left the hotel just before 6am.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Philip J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback, I am very sorry that on this occassion we have failed to live up to your expectations and would like to apologise for this.

Please be assured I will take all you feedback on board and where necessary and appropriate will make sure corrective coaching and/or refresher training is carried out.

It is a real shame you didn't mention any of this to us whilst you were on site (we do have a live-in Duty Manager on call) as I am sure we could have looked into and dealt with some, if not all of the matters you raise whilst you were with us.

I really do hope your experience won't put you off using Holiday Inn Reading West again in the future and if you do find yourself back in the area needing a bedroom please call me directly and I will personally attend to your reservation. As you have mentioned yourself, your feedback is in contrast to much of the feedback we receive, especially about the team and service.

Kind regards

Travelers are raving about these Padworth hotels

Berkshire
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We got married her September last year and I can not fault them at all.
The wedding co-ordinator was brilliant from start to finish and the whole day went without one single hitch.
We had the whole day here and they kindly let me put all my stuff in the honeymoon suit and the function room the day before.
Hotel is lovely and clean and everyone commented on the food for the wedding breakfast and buffet as excellent.
We did there special offer wedding package and I would highly recommend it as it was fantastic value for money. I only have one recommendation and that is to put lights out on the patio area.
Would like to say thank you for making our day special

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted your special day went so well. I will pass your feedback on to all the team, especially Alison, our Events Co-ordinator, she will really appreciate it.

I trust all is going well with married life and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Reading West, perhaps for an anniversary stay.

Bristol
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have just stayed a night in this hotel with my husband and 12 yr old.
Booking over the phone was simple (I phoned the hotel directly as I needed to confirm some details) the receptionist was efficient and friendly, both on the phone and when we booked in.
The hotel was clean, and well presented. The room was large enough, especially as we had the sofa bed made up- but there was sufficient room to walk between the beds. There were all the usual extras available in the room (coffee, soap etc)
Bathroom was clean and a good size.
We decided to stay for the breakfast in the am. We are pleased we did!
Excellent selection of continental and cooked breakfast, fresh crusty bread and pastries. The cooked breakfast was excellent! The poached eggs were superb! Really good value for money and the coffee is freshly brewed to order.
Thank you for a pleasant, hassle free, relaxing stay. A credit to the Holiday Inn group!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your very kind words, I am delighted you had such a great stay and I will pass your feedback on to the team, especially the breakfast team.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us at Holiday Inn Reading West again in the future.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Padworth
Best Western West Grange Hotel
Travelodge Reading M4 Westbound
The Elephant at Pangbourne
The Elephant at Pangbourne
#1 of 4 in Pangbourne

Been to Holiday Inn Reading West? Share your experiences!