“Beautiful location park disgusting and overpriced!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broken Head
Broken Head Holiday Park
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We camped at the park and paid $75 per night for a small mud patch next to the amenities block which was the least muddy! The amenities were dirty and water would not run down drains properly. The camp kitchen...ha! The bbqs would not heat up and there appeared to be food from the early 80's clogging up any space. Apart from that the park was poorly maintained and the staff were not at all friendly and seemed put out by anything! Not family friendly at all! Will we ever go there again....not a hope in hell!

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Loz71
John S, Manager at Broken Head Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Loz71,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our park. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, and offer my sincerest apologies.
Unfortunately, during the last few months we have had an excessive amount of rain, which has caused everything to be wet and muddy.
To address this, we are currently upgrading drainage throughout the park to overcome this problem. We have also just completed an extension and upgrade to our small BBQ area, adding new BBQs and a new sink area. We will be upgrading our main camp kitchen before the year is over.
Please be reassured that our amenities are cleaned thoroughly by management and our yard staff at least once a day during quiet times, and twice a day when busy.
In regards to your unfriendly staff comment, I would like to apologise on behalf of our team. Your feedback is not typical, and we strive to give each guest excellent service. I have spoken to our reception staff regarding this issue and implemented additional training to ensure that your experience remains an isolated one.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

The cabin was clean modern and smelt of skittles !! :)
Perfect location on the beach and not far from town.
Polite and helpful staff at reception.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephaniejallan
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My sister and I visited Broken Head Holiday Park from New Zealand and the UK. We found the staff very friendly and welcoming. The beach was beautiful and we really enjoyed being able to get up close to the native wild life, goanna's, not the locals. It was close to Byron so we were able to spend some time in the shops there. The walk around the headland is also something worth doing for the sea and bush views. The park was kept spotless and even though the weather was not the best we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JohnandKay C
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I love the location of this park - it's amazing. The beach is beautiful (although not great for little kids), and when I've stayed before it's been a lovely peaceful experience. This time it was still beautiful, but I was really annoyed by the loud noises coming from some of the larger groups - shouting bogans, loud music. The curfew seems to be more of a guideline than anything and I guess some people are just rude.
In terms of the park, the bathrooms really could use an update, they could justify a couple more barbecues and the service at the front counter was a bit patchy. Some staff were lovely, some disinterested to the point of rudeness. One was texting while asking me what I wanted, another stopped getting me something to take a call from a mate on a mobile. It's pretty basic stuff - I am not picky or rude but that was pretty irritating. It's a beautiful place and I will give it another go but not at peak times - the rates are too high for what they offer.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank Stacysydney
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Just returned from the two wettest weeks I have spent camping at Broken Head. In spite of the the heavy rain and mud, every morning the toilet block was spotless. I discovred that the cleaner not only goes in during the day but he was there at 5.30 each morning cleaning the toilets.

In spite of the rain we will be back for our 12 consecutive january holiday in 2013 and we are also plannng another visit during this year.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank kdee1au
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We camped for two weeks at Broken Head. The location is great, close to Byron and surrounds but away from the hustle and bustle.
The park was a full capacity most of the time we were there and I think the ladies toilets were cleaned 4 or 5 times. They would be cleaned 2 days running and then not touched for 3-4 days. That is unacceptable for a park that is at full capacity.
The unpowered site we were on was very steep so on the map the site size looks reasonable but our medium sized tent couldn't fit on flat ground.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank C b
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Hi, just want to say we stayed at the BH hol park recently and were disappointed to see that it had been let rundown a bit. The kitchen has become really basic and not that pleasant: no longer any hot water for tea, just an old plastic kettle perched precariously on a powerboard; the fridge is a joke for the number of people they squeeze into the park; no longer a toaster available; Also the bathrooms: the ladies toilet had constant blocked drains in both showers and sinks. And not once during our week did the wi-fi work for us to be able to connect to the internet.
Other than that, the staff were really great, the location is tops, and it is a very special place. I'd also like to give thanks to the managers for keeping schoolies renters close to the office area!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank diana r

Been to Broken Head Holiday Park? Share your experiences!