“Brilliant pub/restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Wool
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited this establishment both nights of our stay in Wool, as the food, atmosphere and service were superb! All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, but the service from Carol (I think that was her name) was outstanding! It made the pub stand out from the others in the village. Our food was delicious both nights. We were lucky enough that out second night fell on Curry Night. Absolutely yummy! Thank you so much and we hope to come back and visit you in the future.

Roda10, Owner at The Black Bear, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit enough to return the following evening and that Karen took good care of you.

There are newer reviews for The Black Bear

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Passed The Black Bear in Wool on several occasions and finally stopped in for lunch last Wednesday with my girlfriend. Was so glad I did, I had the chicken carbonara and my girlfriend the sausage baguette. Both were cooked to perfection. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and we plan to return to try several other of the dishes on the menu. Highly recommended.

Roda10, Owner at The Black Bear, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review, I am happy that you enjoyed all of your experience, and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The landlady was lovely, she was friendly and welcoming. The food was good too, which all added up to a lovely evening

Roda10, Owner at The Black Bear, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad that I made you feel so welcome..it is always nice to hear that we are providing a good service..
Thanks again Melanie

Reviewed March 11, 2014

to mel and the team,
a thank you,an excellent meal,
starters of soup-very tasty and a loads of bread,
my steak was cooked to my taste with an excellent pepper sauce,
we passed on the desserts as we all were very full after mains always a good sign.

Roda10, Owner at The Black Bear, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for your kind review.. I am glad you enjoyed your visit & food..And hope to see you again, when you are visiting Dorset..

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We went for a damp Sunday morning walk and ended with a very nice lunch. Staff were very welcoming and were happy to accommodate us our two teenagers.

Roda10, Owner at The Black Bear, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for your kind words, I remember your visit and made sure you warmed by the radiator.. We hope to see you again after another walk/train trip hopefully with better weather.
Melanie