“"Tres Bien! - A serious thumbs up from Belgium"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wool
Fingle Bridge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Wool B&B and Inns
Brussels, Belgium
“"Tres Bien! - A serious thumbs up from Belgium"”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Fingle Bridge is an enchanted little B&B. It's hosts, Liz and Colin are polite, warm, bubbly and accommodating. They are also, as you would expect, quite knowledgeable about the locale area in Dorset and you can learn a thing or two from them, whilst chatting over breakfast (I did!).

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, as did my 3 children and my mum. The rooms are nice, spacious and have plenty of tea (My mum's main criteria for a good B&B!).

Breakfast is a grand occasion with Liz and Colin's witty banter coming from the kitchen accompanied by the smells of fresh eggs (from the couples chickens), hot toast (Liz's home made bread, and stop wasting it on the ducks Liz!) and the tantalising odour of fried sausages and bacon. The fact that Liz adds her home made jam to the breakfast table just sends my "authenticity-o-meter" off the scale.

Not content with being good, Colin even took me and my children out to feed the ducks and chickens after breakfast. My Kids loved it and it was the perfect start to the day. Getting back in with nature and watching my children's eyes light up with joy during such a timeless activity as feeding ducks first thing in the morning was a high point for sure, almost worth it's proverbial weight in gold.

The place is also very close to anything you want to visit. Me and my family ? We visited Bovington Tank Museum, Monkey World, The Blue Pool, Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door and Corfe Castle - Everything was easy to reach from Wool.

Liz and Colin also welcome constructive criticism, they told me so. "If something is wrong, please let us know" Liz told me on our last day, "We can't fix things if people don't let us know". I find this to be a healthy attitude and told them about the loose shower fitting in my room (the shower head had a tendency to droop) and given that this was constructive, I think they will do something about it.

I can not speak highly enough of the place, it's location and atmosphere. One reviewer comments "Unfortunately for us we hadn't realised that this was literally their house". Seriously ? I think B&B in the title kind of gives it away, but obviously, this previous reviewer fails to understand what a B&B is. Silly.

Living in Belgium and being so far away, I doubt I will have the occasion to visit Fingle Bridge again, but I have fantastic memories and those will have to do.

All my best Liz and Colin,

Nick Kent. (and children, Xavier, Alexander and Cassandra plus mum, Nina) - The Belgian contingent.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NicholasKent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Edinburgh
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My son and his girlfriend stayed here and had a really good stay. Very friendly owners and my son raved about the homemade jams and bread. They enjoyed feeding the ducks too! Room was excellent and spotlessly clean. High standards of fire safety too which my son was impressed with. Would definitely recommend. Thankyou.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We found fingle Bridge to be in a lovely quite location, we only stayed 1 night but would love to stay longer in the future as our room had everything we could possibly need and was clean and nicely decorated. Liz was very welcoming and friendly and supplied us with a lovely breakfast, we would definately recommend to others and hopefully will make it back again one day.
Pete & Janet

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2011

all in all the room was really good with everything you could think of there! right down to a dvd player and microwave. took us a while to feel totally comfortable but on the second day we felt more at ease, breakfast was adequate, the home made bread was lovely, at the end of the day it was good value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This is a really comfortable B&B with good quality furnishings and bed linen in a quiet location just 30 minutes from Weymouth and near Lulworth Cove. The beautifully designed garden complete with ducks and chickens is an amazing surprise and makes this a relaxing stop for one night or a week. Breakfast was of a high quality with many home made touches and the hosts were really welcoming. So book - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed for one night prior to hiking along the South West Coastal Path. Liz and Colin were welcoming hosts. Our double room was very spacious with extra beds, facilities for cooking & a huge bathroom.

Breakfast is downstairs with a view of their large back garden & quaint brook alongside the house. Ducks & pheasants wander around the grounds. There seems to be a real interest in ducks with many 'ducks' making an appearance at breakfast - from the salt & pepper shakers to the napkin holders.

Breakfast is cooked to order and is your usual breakfast fare. Liz's homemade jams are provided & also available to buy.

It's also worth mentioning the Black Bear pub, which is just down the road. We had an enjoyable evening with some lively locals & the landlady was very welcoming. Good food & range of ciders & ales.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We stayed two nights, and were warmly welcomed as soon as we arrived. Our double bedroom was spatious, comfortable, clean, well-equipped (tea/coffee facilites, fridge and tv/DVD). It also had a beautiful countryside view. Liz and Collin were very friendly, and helpful in advising us about our trip and informing us about the area.

Lovely breakfast was provided, with a wide choice of food, including homemade jam - delicious! We would recommend this place to anyone. Thanks Liz and Collin!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wool
Holiday Inn Express Poole
#1 of 2 in Corfe Castle
The Priory Hotel
The Priory Hotel
#1 of 3 in Wareham

Been to Fingle Bridge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!