“Avoid- very unhelpful/rude”
Review of Church Farm Lodge

Church Farm Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Harrington B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The company i work for has been working away for several weeks local to harrington, staying at church farm lodge. During my stay.. On the monday the room was freezing at night and me and my work mate were clothed in bed. I went to politely ask for an electric heater off a young lad which didnt seem a problem at the time. The following night we hadnt had a fresh toilet roll so again went to ask for a spare roll to be rudely asked if we had checked the cupboards and what we wanted it for?? Everynight after a shower we had been putting our towels on the floor in a pile obviously expecting them to be taken away and replaced with fresh ones the next day.. (standard b&b procedure) until the thursday night which we realised that already being there for three nights we hadnt had fresh towels, they had folded the ones up off the floor and put them back on the radiator. As we were not shown on day 1 where reception was.. We went to the house to ask for some fresh towels as ours were obviously dirty and damp after 3 days... To be very rudely greeted by a lady asking why we hadnt been hanging them back up and using them again.. Our reply was obviously that they were dirty as we are site workers. After being abruptly told we shouldnt be knocking on her door (which we didnt know) we went to see the boss. I again politely asked.. Could we please have some fresh towels... To be extremely rudely shouted at explaing that "this isnt a 5* establishment we use the same 1 towel for a week, you have done nothing but complain since you have been here, i dont know what kind of living you are used to but its obviously different to ours" he was very rude and very unhelpful. Leaving it at that we got up the next morning to be told we werent welcome to stay there anymore.
I would strongly advise giving this place a miss if you
A. Want to have a warm room
B. expect a toilet roll
C. Expect a clean towel daily
I didnt think that i was being unreasonable by asking for these three things, needless to say we have now moved to a different hotel so we dont have to be spoken to like children again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Daniel194

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Northamptonshire is a "drive through" county - you always on your way somewhere else. But parts of it (let's leave out Corby) are beautiful. Church Farm, Harrington, is in rolling countryside and well worth considering if you are on business and fed up with the Holiday Inns etc or deciding to stay a few days and explore Northants.

Church Farm Lodge rooms are converted farm buildings, with a choice of single, ensuite, or double. All are furnished to a high standard. We have stayed here a lot. Why? The staff are friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable. The tariff is reasonable. Breakfast is great whether you have a full English or continental.

(One point: if you want a nearby evening meal, you can walk 100yds to the Tollemarche Arms.)

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Excellent accommodation in pretty rural location. Spacious, attractive room and good facilities.Breakfast good with excellent choice. Check out time is rather early for a weekend visitor where a bit more of a lie in would have been nice. Warm friendly family based operation.Will use again especially if timings are slightly changed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

What a find, this establishment is off the main road but still easy to find. It is part of a working farm and has 19 rooms. They all look recently built and in the vain of barn conversion. We are lucky to be given what I can only call a suite which had a bedroom with a 4 poster, good size lounge with sofa and large bathroom. The grounds surrounding the rooms were like being in a courtyard. Breakfast was really good with all freshly sourced and cooked food with a good many options and the surrounding were all in keeping. Staff very friendly and helpful and our 2 night stay was delight. I highly recommend a visit when in the area.

Room Tip: I think there is a choice of en suite rooms, suites and suites with kitchen but I am sure all of the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Booked a room at Church Farm Lodge to be with others for special occasion and I was very impressed with the accommodation and grounds. The rooms were extremely well furnished and maintained. Exposed high beams and traditional wooden doors went well with the country lodge setting. Overall a great place to stay and I would book there again. The only criticism I can give is the staff service was a bit hurried. Breakfast was cleared away early and by 10am, staff were wanting to have people out so that the rooms could be cleaned. This could have been more relaxed for a Sunday morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here overnight en route to friends' Ruby Wedding anniversary. From our welcome to our departure, I cannot imagine how anything could be improved upon. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful, the location was very quiet, the room (in a converted single storey barn) was immaculate and comfortable, breakfast was excellent and cooked specially for us. Tea and coffee at breakfast were of the do-it-yourself variety with teapots and cafetieres available. The price was extremely reasonable. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to others. Having read reviews of the Tollemache Arms we did not eat here but had dinner at the Bulls Head in Arthingworth - see separate review

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here in August as part of a wedding. I paid over the phone and someone else checked me in so I didn't really have any dealings with Staff until breakfast. Breakfast was lovely and staff very helpful and attentive....to me anyway. It is stated that breakfast is served till 9.30am yet when friends of mine came down @ 9.25am it was clearly very inconvenient and they were pretty much told they could have bread and tea and be done with it. My friends didn't say anything but if I had been in there position I certainly would've done. A little bit of flexibility wouldn't go amiss. Especially after a wedding and on a Bank Holiday Monday.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Church Farm Lodge? Share your experiences!