“Fantastic but spooky!”
Review of The Ruin

The Ruin
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grewelthorpe
The Ruin
Rugby
“Fantastic but spooky!”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I booked this Landmark Trust property for a long weekend in December one year for my husbands birthday.
It was a great place but a bit spooky. We arrived in the middle of a howling gale in the dark and had to run up the path form where we parked (You cannot park immediately outside the property but have to drive past it beyond some trees,) Once inside it was quite cosy but the wind howled and the shutters rattled! To go from the loung to the bedroom or bathroom you had to go outside at the back and dash along the cobbles.
As it was pitch black this too made it quite spooky. It is amazing how many noises you hear in the middle of nowhere! I made my hubby get up and accompany me every time I had to visit the bathroom at night.
All in all it was a great experience and I would go again, however the Landmark Trust have so many interesting properties I may have to try out a few others first.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank crazeemaz

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to The Ruin? Share your experiences!