We stayed in Poachers Premier lodge last weekend and it was brilliant - upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff - who left us alone for the whole of our stay which is exactly what you want when you're in the environment you're in.
The rooms were clean but definitely need updating, for the price you pay you expect everything to be pristine however the decor was a bit old and there was marks on some o the walls.
The hot tub and indoor jacuzzi bath really do make the place special - it was snowing while we were there but don't let that put you off - its fantastic being heated by the jacuzzi and having a bottle of champagne late at night.
We went to Vue cinema on the first day which is a fifteen minute drive away, this is a great cinema and is near a tesco etc. we ate in the first two nights and the last night we ordered a Chinese from Mulan which is near the Vue Cinema - the food from here was brilliant and 20% off your bill for take outs so very reasonable!
We also visited the York outlets which are brilliant and you can find some great bargains!
In all honesty I wish we had stayed in the lodge for a full day instead of doing things both days as its good to make use of it while it's there.
There are two big let downs within the Gtiffin Forest stay
1. The bed was SO uncomfortable, the mattress was clearly very old and I could feel springs popping out everywhere - this was a major let down as the four poster bed looked so pretty and the price you pay to stay in the lodge should be met by major things such as comfort
2. The length of stay. The Friday check in is too late, by the time you unpack and settle and have been to asda etc there's only enough time to have a few drinks and go to bed. The check out on Monday is also too early as I feel that we really would've benefited from a late 12 o'clock check out to just relax that little extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury hideaways in the heart of tranquil woodland, close to York, perfect to relax & unwind! Boasting private hot tubs with every lodge, cosy furnishings and woodland walks from your doorstep. Why not choose a lodge with a four poster bed and a 6ft. circular Jacuzzi bath, for a truly romantic break? Onsite cameras film badgers, birds and many more creatures. Watch the live footage on your TV from the comfort of your lodge!Tucked away in the heart of 100 acres of woodland offering a haven of peace and tranquility to visitors and wildlife alike, Griffon Forest is the perfect luxury hideaway. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Griffon Forest Hotel Flaxton