“Brilliant service, very child friendly”
Review of Jinnah

Jinnah
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Flaxton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food was lovely (the best curry I've had in a long time!) , the staff were very professional and accommodating. I ate with my husband and 20 month old son (who was poorly at the time) and we were made to feel very welcome with the staff stopping to chat to our son and they couldn't do enough to help.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Myself and my daughter went this last Tuesday (19/2/13) to have a meal to celebrate her birthday later in the week.
We have been on many occasions but have not got round to review before,dont know why. It was not particularly busy but we were welcomed with a smile,me a handshake and my daughter a kiss! Shown to our table we were asked about our drinks so we could enjoy them whilst making our choice of meal. We decided on the Kashmiri buffet which starts with your popadoms and pickle tray,very nice. Then comes a sizzling sharing starter platter with various classic items cooked to perfection. This you can eat at your leisure, we usually asked for them to leave the pickle tray which goes well with the starter platter.
You are then brought a warm plate and invited very politely to help yourself to the buffet at your own leisure. I would recommend you read the labels and try several dishes but do not overface yourself. You can go back several times if you wish but realistically two visits should satisfy everybodys appitite. There is a very polite notice telling you if you pile your plate up and leave loads there is a £2.00 surcharge, quite right too, there is absolutely need to do that!
Overall it was another lovely meal and evening. The staff are very friendly, they always are and they speak great English ... they can and I cant speak any Indian. Wonder how much Indian one of the previous reviewers speaks? We will be back again & again!!!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

On visting the jinnah the building and the interior looked very apealing and we instanly thought this was going be pleasing. Althought once we got inside the staff were unbelivably rude and un helpful. Whilst we were dining the staff could not speak very good english and it was very hard for us to understand what they were saying. However the food was equally as bad, althought they gave us extra nan bread which was a plus.Also whilst the waiters were clearing our tables they chucked food over us and over our table,which was very unpleasent. In conclusion i would cerntatily not dine here again!!!!!!!

1  Thank QHHQ
Saleem A, Owner at Jinnah, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Hi ! Just to clearfy a few points raised by the reviewer who says that the building looked very apealing. Thank you so much . I would strongly suggest to the management of tripadvisor to get a some sort of a system in place were their can verify if the reviewer has actually dined at the establishment . In this review their are points raised wich I strongly condemn . All the front of house staf speak flaunt English wich is backd by manny reviews on this site. I my self & most of the front of the house staf have been serving the north Yorks & ryedale community for well over 15 yrs. our customers drive many miles to get to us & spend hrs with us enjoying our food & hospitality . So please except my apology in this instant to express my concern on his review. Hope the tourist visiting York area don't get put off by reviews like this. Saleem Akhtar @ the jinnah head office

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had the buffet which is available Sunday to Thursday. Amazed by the variety of dishes on offer all at a bargain £11.95. The first two courses are served to your table then you are free to help yourself to the buffet as many times as you like.

There's plenty to choose from to suit all tastes and all are clearly labled, mild, medium, hot etc. It certainly gets you to sample dishes that you may not have tried before or maybe never heard of.

The ambience is perfect, everything from the low volume music to the light levels.

We spent about three hours there having retired to the very comfortable lounge area after our meal. Coffee and mint chocolates galore! At no stage were we hurried like you get at some places.

The staff are very friendly, attentive and chatty without them feeling overpowering. We mentioned when booking a table that we were there to celebrate one of our birthdays and got a free birthday cake! Nice touch.

We'll definitely be going back here next time in the area.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Visited on a week day and ate from the Kashmiri Buffet. Absolutely fantastic with choices for every discerning pallet. Staff were so friendly and professional and brilliant with the small children in our party.