“Peaceful and relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loftsome Bridge Coaching House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wressle
Loftsome Bridge Coaching House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wressle
Selby
“Peaceful and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed here on the 28th as a birthday treat. I loved it. Entering through a small courtyard which I thought was very clean. Our room was much larger than I expected, clean with couch and 2 chairs. Flat screen tv with coffee making facilities too. Large tiled on suite. Loved the bath! Room had lovely views over the fields. Even watching the large windmills was relaxing. The food was excellent and plenty of it.

As for sleeping, I slept like a log. Could be due to lack of road noise (bliss) and as the hotel was set back of the road and in the middle of a field, no distracting street lights either!

I look forward to visit again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2010

Just got back from overnight stay following family get togehter.

Location: Handy just off motorway and quite well set away from the main road.

Room: We stayed in the 'cottages' which have joint entrance for 2 cottages, with the door to each room coming off this entrance. The kind of interconnecting feel was great for us as our neighbours were our relatives, not too sure if I would have liked it otherwise. These rooms are not cottages but are rather good and spacious, carpet was a bit worn and the bed is rather small. We have a king sizeat home and I am always dissapointed to see an old style traditional double. That said the room was generally very clean and the bathroom modern and well stocked with usual smellies, tea, coffee, trouser press, iron and safe. The view out the back over the duck pond is rather pleasant.

Main building: Again alround pretty clean and tidy , reception and bar area looks a liitle old and tired there is the odd broken pane of glass in the smal windows if you care to look. The furniture is comfortable and plenty of places to sit.

Meal: We went across to dinner at about 7.45 pm, and everyone was well turned out looks like most people had come to make an occasion of it. We were booked for 8 but not sat down until about half past, not a problem as gave us time for a drink. The set menu of 4 courses was £28 per head. There was a set menu of 4 choices each course plus at least 1 special for each.

Between us we had for starters:

Mussells - Excellent and plenty of baguette to dip in the garlic sauce.
Haddock Fishcake - Very good
Melon - I would never choose this but the little try I had was very tasty.

Main:

Venison casserole in pastry parcels - I really enjoyed this full of strong rich flavours
Pork medallions - Apparently nice but not tasted by me
Crispy Duck - Very tasty and lots of it.

Plus plenty of fresh veg well cooked - carrotts left a little to be desired, tasted a bit dry.

Puddings:

Cheesecake, toffee sponge, cheeseboard. (Lots of crackers not much cheese)

Over all though the meal was very good the service was very efficient and we had lots of time to enjoy a well priced, well prepared and presented tasty meal, from a menu put together from dishes I would not have the time or expertise to cook myself.

Over all we had a great time and a very enjoyable night - I would say that the menu is inclined towards the meat eaters although there is a vegetarian offering.

Sleep: Found the room to be very warm duing the evening and the only heat source was the towel rail in the bathroom. There is a sign above the window warning not to open it as to do so would atract insects. We risked it and had no problems, didn't have a fantastic nights sleep. I am sure the combination of alcohol, rich food, warmth and smaller bed than usual all played a part in this.

Breakfast: Very good full english, and other options.

Staff:All very helpfull and attentive without being overbearing.

Overall an enjoyable and well priced expeirence which we are ready to book again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank tigercity
East Yorkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2010

I had been a happy customer at Loftsome bridge for many years, visiting with family and friends to celebrate many special occasions BUT my last two visits have been very disappointing. I visited Loftsome Bridge on Saturday 30th of January and found the service very poor. Firstly I had pre ordered a specific vegetarian meal (with a phone call a week before and followed up in an e-mail), due to severe allergy to both cheese and mushrooms – when my meal arrived it was full of mushrooms and in a strong cheese sauce. I sent this meal back and was offered a poor replacement of potato cakes, which I accepted as by this point most of our table of nine had almost finished eating. When this replacement arrived, I started to eat it to realize it contained Ham – this as you can imagine is a vegetarians worst nightmare. I didn't have a proper main in the end, just a few vegetables (of which they served me broccoli with cheese!!). A simular mess up in vegetarian meal also happened at a family meal last July. My second complaint is with the bar staff, my husband and I ordered 2 bottles of champagne (at over £60) at the beginning of the night for a surprise for my father, I specifically asked for these to be served to our table BEFORE we sat down, these were not on the table when we were seated and I had to ask for them after our starters, they were brought to the table warm, with no ice buckets, and we had to wait for another member of staff to bring us our glasses. This upset us as I had saved up for this as a treat. I was given a string of excuses as to why my meal was wrong, including that the chef doesn't really cater for vegetarians – the website clearly states, vegetarians catered for. We were all made to feel very awkward during this meal and I did not enjoy my night at all, I was knocked a small amount off the cost of my meal – this I felt was a real Micky take to say I had been given two foods I am allergic to and also meat. Loftsome Bridge has gone way down in my standards and I will be telling friends and family of the disaster night we had at the weekend.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank mrscressey
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

We stayed a night at Loftsome Bridge Coaching House when we visited Howden to attend the Christening of our grand-niece. The hotel were exceptionally helpful in booking us in as an extended family on a busy weekend, when they had another large family reunion.

We stayed in the Cottage rooms which were spotless and clean with excellent facilities. The only drawback was the request to keep windows shut because of local insects from the river location. Our iron did not work, but within minutes a helpful receptionist had loaned us a replacement. We did not have an evening meal at the hotel, as we were meeting up with more family locally, and at £27 per head it was expensive when several small children were involved, but breakfast was excellent in all respects, with fresh fruit as well as the traditional cereals, to precede the choice of full English!

We were delighted by the friendliness of the staff, and the reasonable bar prices. We hope to stay there again for any future family reunions!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

Excellent food, lovely rooms. Restaurant serves high quality food and is extremely popular with locals. Rooms well appointed and well equipped. Spacious. I've stayed in a room both in the main part of the hotel itself as well as a room in the renovated outbuildings. The latter had a slight edge, but both were lovely. Reception staff could do with smiling occasionally - but don't let that put you off!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

The Hotel looked wonderful as I approached in the evening sun. It is a beautiful building and I was greeted warmly. The room was spacious, twin beded with a large, spotless ensuite. Views through one of the the two windows showed the golded rape seed fields stretching to the horizon. I managed to lock myself out when I went to look at the view over the courtyard from the corridor, but a new electronic key was quickly vailable. Nothing seemed too much trouble.
I started the evening with a short trip to the Barnes Wallace Pub. in the nearby village. Ordinary old country pub, but with a wonderful selection of Real Ales. and I have never seen larger plates of food. However I was booked in at the Hotel for a meal.
THe hotel had transformed from a quiet retreat with busy pre meal bar. Goole 41 Club as I later discovered. This caused a slight delay in getting to my table, but I was served attentively whilst waiting.
The meal was excellent ,so it was no surprise that the club chose this venue. However it did not prevent excellent service, with the waitresses watching my progress through the meal ,but without me feeling pressured .
After a good night's sleep the delicious, breakfast kipper was just what was needed to set up the day.
I was well looked after in this home from home. Thank you until the next time.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2009

Went for dinner. After all the reviews, and after the ridiculous booking time required for a table, I'd expected something really special.
The building and approach are fabulous. The entrance is a little odd - very cramped with a tiny reception cubicle. The lounge is pleasant, but disappointed there wasn't an open fire - the room would have been enhanced by this rather than the enclosed stove which wasn't lit.
The dining room lacks atmosphere - tables are close together and decor is ordinary. Surprized at paper napkins rather than linen (although good quality paper!). Also surprized that bread was on the table before we were seated - as it was pieces of cut french loaf it was dry and tasted stale. Menu was good, but service lacked finesse - the waitress had to push past due to the proximity of the next table. Food quality was OK but not stunning - his pork was tasteless, but the vegatables were good. Puddings OK. Again surprized when we ordered coffee - a request for semi skimmed milk rather than cream was met with the answer that they had only cream or whole milk - surely they had skimmed or semi skimmed for their breakfast guests? Also request for Earl Grey tea was met with the response that they 'didn't do speciality teas'.
The menu is fixed price at £27 for 4 courses and coffee, and as such represents very good value in pleasant surroundings, but after booking months ahead for a table it just didn't have the special something that I had expected.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nildesperanda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wressle
Premier Inn Goole Hotel
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club
The Wishing Well
The Wishing Well
#5 of 9 in Selby

Been to Loftsome Bridge Coaching House? Share your experiences!