“I'm useless at titles.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wressle
Loftsome Bridge Coaching House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wressle
York, United Kingdom
“I'm useless at titles.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We have dined here for years and years. We always go back because we know we will always be given excellent service, food and wine.
The staff are very attentive. I would like to mention the lady that is in charge of the restaurant and I presume the hotel. She has worked/served there for years and she has excellent customer relations, which I think come naturally to her as she is a true lady. Thanks.
The food is very nice. I'm never disappointed by it. I'm a big bloke but I'm always stuffed when I leave, which says they have the portion sizes just right. You can always leave some, hmmm perhaps I should...
It has changed a bit in the restaurant but for the better. The lighting is more subtle than it used to be, which was too bright in days gone by but that never dulled my enjoyment.
The bar is well stocked with nice wine and there is a vast selection of spirits to choose from. My only gripe is the draught beers on offer. I am fussy though, maybe it's just me but I don't like Carlsberg or Tetleys. Perhaps they could have a rotating guest ale along with a more premium lager on offer? Just a thought.
Will I be returning? Well I have been for years.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank musicbailey

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Visited Loftsome Bridge yet again, still as good as the first time we visited, some 14/15 years ago. Stayed in room 5 which is in the house, a large room with lovely views, has been recently updated which is lovely. From the reception staff, waiters/waitresses all were very very friendly. A great choice on the menu although it was the Christmas one there were other great choices.... All the food is hot, well cooked and beautifully presented. Well done chefs......
Great breakfast the following morning that was piping hot and well presented, lovely lady serving....
Would recommend this hotel/dining to anyone, never been disappointed, thanks...
Visiting soon for Christmas lunch.... Can't wait....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank annieDoncaster
Goole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We have been enjoying the hospitality at Loftsome Bridge for many years, the staff and food never fail to impress us. We visited on Monday night to celebrate my mother-in-laws birthday (The Hills). We were once again greeted with a wonderful smile by Sue who 'sadly' knows my favourites! It was a very busy night with it being December, but the staff in the restaurant are still able to make you feel like you are the only customers there. Special thanks to Anna for looking after us so weel (and providing the the extra Brandy sauce). If you want a delightful meal, with excellent service at a reasonable price, look no further than this wonderful hotel/restaurant, amazing once again :-)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn S
Howden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Last night a party of ten of us went to Loftsome Bridge Coaching House for a family celebration. It was a fantastic evening...the meal was delicious, four courses and coffee...in convivial surroundings. There was a warm welcome, and plenty of time to sit and relax whilst we chose from a sumptuous and varied menu.

All of the food was delicious, and complimented by the discreet, efficient service by the staff. The food was beautifully presented, and piping hot...timing was perfect. Everyone has a wonderful evening, and we will definitely be back.

The Coaching House has a warm inviting atmosphere, and the team should be complimented on getting the dining experience just right. Thank you so much....everyone is still talking about it today!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from an overnight stay at Loftsome Bridge hotel - a treat for my birthday.
We stayed in one of the courtyard cottages. It was so quaint a spacious room I thought - with beamed ceilings yet complete with all mod cons. hair dryer, safe, soft towels, toiletries etc.
The bathroom was fully tiled equipped with bath and shower plus the overall cleanliness was of a very high standard. My husband and I agreed the comfy double bed provided us with the best night's sleep we have ever had in an English hotel.
There was ample car parking space directly outside our 'cottage' situated only a very short walk away from the actual hotel itself.
The reception desk staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, very organised and professional, as were the restaurant staff who worked hard to ensure we were served quickly despite there being a lot of other diners .
The evening meal menu was varied, catering for all tastes and the food was delicious. Beautifully presented, piping hot and because we were asked if we were celebrating a special occasion I was given a lovely dessert happy birthday platter with candles, in addition to my mouth wateringly good lemon cake and cream.
Breakfast was THE biggest, tastiest full English. Again we were offered a choice of a range of dishes and the lady who served us was a delight. Our every need was immediately catered for with a smile.
We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone, both for overnight stays, or for an evening meal. Our package was superb value for money and we will definitely be returning on a regular basis. Well done and thanks to everyone at Loftsome Bridge for making my birthday such a happy one.

Room Tip: The cottages have ample car parking space, the rooms are spacious, well equipped and situated only a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

You know the feeling. A long day at work followed by a fraught journey home in the dark, the warm house that greets you and then your seat by the fire with your pair of old slippers.Perfection! A visit to the Loftsome Bridge instills a similar feeling. Warm and welcoming as you arrive. A very reasonably priced set menu and although the wine list is rather limited the prices are very acceptable. Try the Faustino 1 at a price only slightly higher than you pay at the supermarket. OK, the decor is a little tired, the dining room is functional and I suppose unsuitable for that romantic meal out but the food, though traditional is very good and the service runs smoothly even when packed, Any gripes? Well, why ruin some good main courses with the boiled potatoes and veg. Answer, its always done like that! You must book weeks in advance for a Saturday evening, but the Loftsome Bridge is reliable, comforting and does exactly what you want. Just like your old slippers.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

As an inexpensive hotel with exceptional service and good food. Quiet scenic location , very good breakfast. Very popular resturant with the locals , so book early. Dinner menu very traditional but good quality and value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wressle
Premier Inn Goole Hotel
#1 of 1 in Monk Fryston
The Wishing Well
The Wishing Well
#6 of 9 in Selby

Been to Loftsome Bridge Coaching House? Share your experiences!