“Excellent evening”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wressle
Loftsome Bridge Coaching House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wressle
Norfolk
“Excellent evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I Attended a company dinner.. The Loftdome Bridge never fails to impress and live up to expectations.
Good quality food, good persons service, a tryquiet location, very clean and tidy. An old favorite of mine., give it a try.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Supergrumpyoldgit

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I have been to Loftsome Bridge Coaching House on three occasions and we have been absolutely delighted with the food, service and professionalism of the chefs and staff.

The meal has always been of excellent quality and the staff are extremely helpful, without being instrusive.

We are very impressed with the choices and pricing. Very reasonable for a first class restaurant. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Doreen B
Petworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very friendly staff, no great style to the place but good wholesome food and lovely fluffy cream towels. Complimentary fruit in the suite I stayed in was much appreciated - even better would have been a little jug of fresh milk. You can't enjoy a cuppa with UHT!

Huge Yorkshire breakfast in the morning set me up for the whole day. If you're in the area and need a place to stay, you won't do much better than this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Selby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My partner and I stayed for one night in one of the cottages and ate a delicious, well presented and prepared meal. Our Champagne was in the room as requested, cold and in an ice bucket with flutes, our room was spotlessly clean with some nice little extras and very comfortable once we had mastered the thermostat on the heating.
The restaurant staff were very pleasant, attentive though unobtrusive, the food delicious, flavoursome and hot. If I must have a negative may I ask that the cups in the bedrooms could be changed for small china mugs? I would enjoy a larger cup of tea in the morning and something larger in which to prepare my evening Horlicks!
I shall return, recommend and talk about our lovely stay at length... Many thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OakmereBrood
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed and dined at Loftsome Bridge Coaching House many times before we moved away 8 years ago, and each time we were simply delighted by the quality of the food, the skill of the chef and the charming attentiveness of the staff.

What a joy to return this weekend to find that the impressive standards have been surpassed! My husband and I have just enjoyed a glorious 2 night stay in what must be described as one of the county's icons of hotelmanship! The management team at Loftsome Bridge must be commended for their insightful and inspirational 'package' that takes dinner, bed and breakfast to a higher level. Dinner is an unrushed four course meander through a menu that shows a charming willingness to showcase old favourites alongside new tastes and textures that excite and delight. My husband's chicken liver parfait, passion fruit sorbet and crispy duckling left him chew-mumbling with satisfaction, and my heavenly salmon with crayfish, honeyed parsnip and apple soup and cod loin with parmesan crust atop a bed of the squeakiest buttersome leeks was a joy! My brandysnap basket might be a contender for the old favourites list, but when a dessert is lip-smackingly croquant and pretty as a picture, why disappoint devotees by removing it? My husband's chocolate brownie was served with honeycomb ice cream and disappeared without trace!

Our room in the main house was spotlessly clean and looked recently decorated. The bed was very comfortable and despite the fact that our room was at the top of the stairs we were undisturbed on both nights.

The breakfast menu reads like pages from a foodie's dream list! I chose the creamiest of porridge - served piping hot, swirled with cream and dressed with raspberries and kiwi fruit followed by the lightest of scramled eggs flecked with chives and smoked salmon on a toasted muffin.Scrumptious! My husband's bacon butty must be the most understated item on the menu, and he was so pleased by the flavour and texture of the ciabatta and bacon that he repeated the experience on the second breakfast!

Loftsome Bridge Coaching House deserves rich praise for its high standards of comfort, service and value for money and I look forward very much to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bumblestraw
Goole
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We have stayed at the Loftsome several times, the first was in 2008 on our wedding night. Our stays have always been away from the main building in the cottages where we find the peace and quiet just what we require. The food as always been and still is to an excellent standard. I can not compliment the staff enough on their service and it will not be the last time that I frequent this establishment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank J R
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is quite an old fashioned place. We stayed in the junior suite which was quite nice. It has a separate living area with another TV and a VCR player and some old videos. The room was clean but incredibly dated (although this is part of its charm). The food was fantastic- everything was cooked perfectly. The service at dinner wasn't great. They asked us to pre-order wine and then forgot to give it us. They completely rushed the dinner service - no sooner had you put your knife and fork down, the plates were taken away and you got your next course. Even when asked to have a short gap between courses (and there are 5) this was ignored. The serving staff seemed very stressed out- even the management. Given the food is so good I would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wressle
Premier Inn Goole Hotel
#1 of 1 in Monk Fryston
The Wishing Well
The Wishing Well
#6 of 9 in Selby

Been to Loftsome Bridge Coaching House? Share your experiences!