Chequers Inn
$117
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$105
$76
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$108
$82
CrownePlaza.com
  • Breakfast included
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
$132
$104
Travelocity
Premier Inn Harrogate Town Centre Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$97
PremierInn.com
$102
  • Pool
Duke's Place(Bishop Thornton)
All reviewspuddingcarvery lunchpudsfountains abbeyrouladeyorkshire hospitalitystayed here for nightswater pressurepiping hotground floormain courseshort staywould definitely stay here againnice carveryplenty of choicecomfortable bedstarters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were recommended to this hotel and it certainly lived up to what we had been told about it. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The room we had was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was excellent and overall it was good value for money. Unfortunately we were not around in the evenings to eat in the restaurant of the hotel. We have relatives in the area so would definitely use this accommodation again in the future. Its situation makes it easy to get to all the local places of interest.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a midweek meal and it was steak night, which looked to be good value. However, we ordered off the alternative menu, my partner had the steak pie and I had the scampi. Service was quick and the portions generous. The place was full, so obviously popular with the locals. Great for a straightforward meal, as long as you're not looking for fine dining.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen N
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I hadn't been to the Chequers for several years since my Grandmother used to take me when I was younger. I returned to find the same great food I had always remembered, the carvery was fresh and delicious.... if I could only say the same about the owners. I believe the landlord of the place and his wife, sons and daughters run the business which is nice but service with a smile is definitely not what we received. Anything we asked for including drinks and the bill were a massive chore, the landlady seemed to make the drinks prices up as she went, the same drink cost me 3 different amounts and I was short changed and made to feel guilty about it.
we waited five minutes to be served while one of the daughters finished her conversation about last nights events with her friend who wasn't even ordering drinks at the bar. We were the only people in there under 30 and we were made to feel like children.... very disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank chapterknight
Reviewed June 16, 2013

First time to this pub today fathers day a very busy and cramped place but after seeing the carvery we stayed. The food was plentyful and very tasty the beer choice was also good. Excellent speedy service from the staff obviously due to the busy turnover of customers,if you want to try this place i would advise you book before hand.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank yorkshireman69
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I travel to Harrogate twice a year with friends.My sister-in-law lives in Knaresborough and we always book for the carvery.This year however,we had to find alternative accomodation so we tried the Chequers."super value".Rooms clean,comfy bed,tea facilities.The menu was fantastic,the brekki we had to do without first courses as the cooked brekki was huge.We didnt need a mid-day lunch whilst out just a cuppa!The hosts were great, we had a sing-along with them, the service was great also.Our friends also thought it good value. Yes, we went out of season October, the difference between B&B and B&Bplus evening meal was ridiculous,the price of two coffees. Would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay.We will continue to go back for the carvery and comfy stay.Thank you everybody.

Room Tip: If you have problems with stairs ask for downstairs rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends