“Impressed and more” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Old Ram Coaching Inn
London, United Kingdom
“Impressed and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

After seeing reviews about here good and bad but i was curious and stayed for a weekend to find out myself.we relaxed and didnt expect but it got better and better.staff were friendly and willing to learn from the new chef who apparantly will turn this place around after marstons..1st night we chilled in the bar and snacked on chefs pork scratchings and got hungry so we worked on getting a table,this all why still thinking of other reviews and wondering myself.after a bottle of wine those thoughts left and we had a great meal in the middle of a mass of people all wanting food at the same time..must say it gets busy when its busy then goes back to quite tranquil country pub..all in all dealt with very well and food was as good as we pay for in london at double price.have family coming over soon from abroad and im having them stay here so can eat here again.try before you believe other opinions...

1 Thank eve82efc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Peterborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

As I have to stay away for business quite a lot I must say how happy I was when head office found me this fantastic relaxed place to stay. My usual hotel Dunsten Hall was full. I was concerned, but had nothing to worry about I was made to feel welcome and found the personal touch from this independent hotel a refreshing change from the mainstream corporate places I usually stay. The room was fantastic and a great restaurant to offer aswell, this will certainly now be my first choice of location to stay in the future.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Horsfi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and myself recently stayed at the Old Ram Coaching Inn, we were greeted by the friendly staff and was made to feel at home straight away. We stayed in the family room and what a fantastic room it was, immaculately clean with a lounge area and a massive bathroom. The highlight was the bedroom that was on a separate floor, with a pitched roof and original beams and features and lovely fresh white linen. We had a superb stay and will definitely be paying another visit.

Stayed July 2014
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just returned from weekend break at the Old Ram. Having been regulars for more years than l care to mention and having had so many good and bad experiences there since the dreaded MARSTONS TOOK ROOT, finally the beautiful Ram is back to how we remember it. The new Management team are exceptional l have never seen a couple so determined to make a business work and they have succeeded in a very short time. Food was great, rooms as always superb, service excellent and the restaurant was buzzing again with customers (happy ones). Thanks to all the staff and chefs. Keep up the good work. Happy Birthday Steve. (I think the 65th Birthday Party review must have been at a different venue, ignore that one. Trust the other reviews!!!. only my opinion)

Room Tip: rooms 6 onwards are more modern but very well laid out whereas rooms 2 to 5 are in the original part...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Came for a break with my fiancé and baby and saw the pub driving down. Looked lovely so decided to stop and eat. The food was great, fresh and the price was reasonable for the quality we got. I don't understand how people can complain about the cost, try eating in London food is generic for twice as much. We had a lovely afternoon and the service topped the whole thing off. I would definitely come back and would recommend to anyone to see for yourself.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I booked the Ram for my husbands 65th Birthday Meal with family, Staff are friendly. The food was not not good at all, we had send meals back as they was not cooked or was over cooked, potatoes was cold. I live local to the Old Ram and will never return after this experiences as it spoilt my husbands suprise birthday meal. Not impressed at all with the food. Wished we did not give the new owners a chance and have gone some where else.

The manager was nice and the young waitress with good, thats all I can say about our night out at the Old Ram.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Susan B

Travelers are raving about these Tivetshall St. Mary hotels

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We lunched with friends after a walk around Tivetshall. My burger meal was well presented and enjoyable but a little pricey for the grade of burger. My wife had a fish pie. A not very generous portion of greens, in fact her whole meal was rather small in portion size. On the whole we enjoyed our lunch and the food experience is certainly much improved under the new management. We found the dessert menu unappealing as there were no hot pudding options e.g. spotted dick, sticky toffee pudding or a crumble.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
#1 of 1 in Eye
J.D.Young
J.D.Young
#1 of 1 in Harleston

Been to The Old Ram Coaching Inn? Share your experiences!