All reviews the pub breakfast room cooked breakfast the river southern comfort family room short staffed full english food was lovely free car parking tea coffee yogurt lovely view double bed two occasions bathroom ceiling continental style
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Dont believe the pictures of the rooms on the website. Ours bared little resemblance. Also the room was filthy carpets not hovered,dust and cob webs everywhere
The bathroom didnt fair any better with dust around the floor edges , stains on the radiator. The sink was blocked with gundge and grime
As per other peoples comments the cooked breakfast was awful god knows wjat the sausages were mafe of nut they tasted as bad as they looked so we didnt eat or pay for it along with other couples who said the same.
The only thing gping for this place is its location and views

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2019

We stayed over night and the room was very comfortable and clean. The staff were good and we had an excellent evening meal with our family some nine of us.Food was lovely and the service was good.The Swan Inn is in an excellent location on the bend of the River Bure.We also had lunch there the next day and that was lovely. Parking was very convenient.The only down side was the breakfast I had scrambe eggs on toast which was okay and one mushroom on dry toast not good.My wife had the full English Breakfast which arrived with venison sausages which were not cooked properly and two very small rashers of very fatty streaky bacon. Venison sausages were not specified on the menu and they are not to every ones taste. I did complain at the time and was offered a small reduction in price but what you really want is a decent breakfast.I would still recommend this as a place to stay but suggest you visit one of the nearby cafes for breakfast.

Room tip: Try to get a room with a river view
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Have just returned from a two night stay at Innkeeper’s Lodge.
Check in was smooth albeit a bit back and forth for card machine and paperwork! The young chap that checked us in took us to our room and showed us how to use the key fobs.
When first entering our room we were really pleased with the size of the room, the bathroom was a bit small but totally adequate for the two of us. Now this is where it is a let down. I don’t think it’s been long since the place had a bit of an update so why can’t the cleaners keep on top of things? The floor clearly hadn’t been hoovered/swept as loads of fluff/hair all over it, the mastic around the floor area just needed a wet cloth/wipe but was thick dust as were all the corners in the bathroom and the ridges on the door had never seen a cloth! The toilet roll holder fell off in my hand! There’s only 8 rooms to clean and this could be done so much better! I found 25p on the bedroom floor and with a closer look could clearly see it wasn’t hoovered well at all. The ceiling fan in the bathroom was thick with dust so can’t be doing it’s job, these things are easily sorted without taking much time.
The towel rail in the toilet is soo close to the toilet you could easily burn yourself as it was red hot! Well it was Friday night and Saturday morning, Saturday evening into Sunday it was like someone had turned the heating off as both rooms were freezing! Thank goodness for a plug in radiator that was also in the room!
Bed was comfy, loads of electricity points mostly with USB points as well which was handy. Tea/coffee/biscuits are a nice touch as is the good powerful hairdryer.
The restaurant below is brilliant, wonderful meal there and helpful friendly staff, couldn’t fault that.
Breakfast is continental, toast, yogurt, cereals and on Saturday morning eventually croissants and a few pastries, we’d been sat in the breakfast room for 20 minutes at around 8am and didn’t see a waitress who was supposed to be about to ask if we wanted the cooked breakfast (extra charge) On Sunday a poor lady that hadn’t got a voice and had a cough was there to assist, she didn’t approach us for a while regarding the cooked breakfast but we declined anyway.
The hotel is in a lovely little village and the river side setting is beautiful.
Although there were a few issues they didn’t spoil our stay and we would definitely return.....just get your cleaner to actually clean....it would be soooo much better!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Spacious, very clean room with lovely breakfast and welcoming staff. Reasonably priced. Lovely fire to sit and warm up in the bar. Pretty location overlooking the Broads. Looking forward to returning in the Summer.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

I didn’t want to write this review on trip advisor, I wanted to allow the hotel a chance to respond me to privately however upon emailing and calling I am yet to have a response. So here it is ... we stayed as a family for a one nights break. When we arrived we were told that we couldn’t check in for 2 hours - despite our children being ill and needing somewhere to rest we were just told to come back later. Upon initial looks the room seemed fine HOWEVER there was a huge amount of mould in the bathroom, lots of cobwebs in the main sleeping area and a very large cracked door. The tv signal was also very poor - meaning it was unwatchable. And travelling with children this is sometimes a necessity. In addition, there was a private room next door to ours - and the smell that came from it was horrific. It wafted all along the corridors and was absolutely vile.

In the morning the delivery had apparently not turned up for breakfast so there were very few options available to us - considering breakfast was meant to be included. When I asked to speak to somebody regarding the issues I was told nobody was available and I had to email. Which I did - to which I got no response. I was thoroughly disappointed with our stay and would not recommend it as a stay with a family unless the rooms had a much needed deep clean and update.

In stark contrast the restaurant underneath the hotel was very pleasant - the staff were very helpful and the food was of a very good quality.

Date of stay: February 2019