“Fabulous evening”

The Neptune
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This restaurant has some rooms, and has a listing under B&Bs, but I feel should feature under restaurant section for Hunstanton - as that is its main strength and focus.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Celebrated my birthday with a group of friends. Restaurant has a wonderful, warm, cosy, seaside home of your dreams atmosphere. Food and wine were delicious. Service was more like a dinner party than posh restaurant, but otherwise excellent. We will definitely go back.

3  Thank Elsa k

Reviewed October 21, 2012

High recommend - great food and service. Stayed in one o there rooms too - very clean and nice bed. Well worth of its star !

1  Thank JCLlouth
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Underestimated the travel time so were a bit late starting. Very warm welcome and relaxed style. Good service, but they were quite busy so a little slower than previous. Food was as always wonderful. Fresh ingredients imaginatively cooked and presented. Our family group was very impressed, and especially liked the extra unexpected items and the wine.

1  Thank Ian D
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived early evening to an ivy clad restaurant and were given menus to peruse whilst we had a pre dinner drink. I was tempted by the taster menu, but on this occasion we chose a la carte. The dining room had a nice intimate atmosphere, there are about a dozen, well spaced tables, and by 8pm all were full. As husband was driving I chose just a single glass of wine, which was very good. I've had a few terrible lobster dishes in the past, but the lobster salad was tempting me, and it was the nicest lobster I have had, tasty and tender, I did find the cold pea accompaniment slightly odd though. Husbands mackerel was sublime, as was my main dish of lamb, which melted in the mouth. My chocolate desert was certainly good, and very artistically presented, but again if I am being really picky I would say the flavours wern't that intense, for instance I would have barely known the sorbet/mousse was coconut flavour if I hadn't read it on the menu.
Even so I would we say enjoyed the whole experience, I would certainly return and maybe try the tasting menu. The ambience, service and food were all very good, but I think in this price bracket I was hoping for just a tiny bit more "wow" factor.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Went for my birthday treat which we always spend by the sea somewhere. Owner very welcoming, room attractivly done out. Parking a bit limited just outside the front of the building. Lovely empty beaches nearby.
The restaurant has michelin stars and we love eating out, however we were disappointed the menu was so short (ie a bit limited) and the same both nights. Service good, tables beautifuly set with napery, lovely glasses and crockery, not always the case nowadays.
The food was fine, but not outstanding, too limited a choice and I would have liked more fish to eat so near the sea. Some nice touches, coffee machine and homemade biscuits in the room.
The owners work hard and are charming, but overall this visit felt expensive for what we had, and we travel a great deal for pleasure.