“Very good tour”
Review of Barnsole Vineyard

Barnsole Vineyard
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Staple
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors welcome to this small, but beautifully formed vineyard and winery. Barnsole Vineyard produce sparkling English wine, still white and red wines that are available for tasting and for sale directly from the winery door.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We really enjoyed our tour with our very helpful and informative hosts. They really took the time to explain to us how the vineyard worked without bombarding us with info we didn't understand! Very lovely morning spent here, myself my partner and his relatives from Holland really loved it.... and the wine is delicious, definitely recommend.

14  Thank caroline b
"knowledge"
"visitors"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Ten of us booked the tour and tasting for a hen doo - jus th right amount of info and very relaxed guide. Really was perfect for us :) thank you!

14  Thank k8tystar
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The time of year was not in our favour as the grapes were not really visible on the vine, however, you could easily imagine what they would look like full grown. The tour was given by one of the owners and he was very informative about the process from grape to bottle. Due to me not being a drinker I skipped the tasting, however, my fellow visitors advised that the wine was tasty enough to purchase a dozen bottles (half white, half red). I think that any future visitors need to consider the season and perhaps enquire in advance the stage of growth of the grapes, which would enhance the tour. Overall, it was good but I don't know if I would go again. The owner was perfectly pleasant and certainly appeared to know his stuff.

6  Thank Kris_Cdn
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We recently had a weekend break in Canterbury and wanted to visit a local vineyard. Barnsole fitted the bill nicely as it was only a few miles away and accessible by bus, stopping off in the village of Staple followed by a 10 minute walk.

Although we are not wine buffs, we do enjoy a quality wine and neither of us had sampled an English wine before. We were given the mini-tour by Phillip who had a fabulous knowledge of wine making, and explained the history and the grape varieties used at Barnsole. Certainly, we were not disappointed by the wines on offer and our favourite was the Dry Reserve as it was very distinctive and had an "Englishness" about it. We only wish we could have carried home more bottles !

16  Thank Ian_D442
See more reviews
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have been buying wine from this vineyard now for several years and selling it at our nearby B&B Molland Manor House; they are always great to deal with and the vineyard is very interesting to visit.
Our guests all love the wine and many go for a visit and to make further purchases to take home.
We always enjoy the surprise from some of our foreign vistors, at how very good English wine is now, some take a bit of convincing! so we offer a free try, once they have tried it they always buy it.
It is wonderful to be able to offer such local produce and be able to send guests to further explore the vineyard.
The only downside is I keep enjoying it myself sometimes a little to often!!

17  Thank tracylaura