Our two nights at Chislet Court were wonderful. Its a good ten minute drive out of town, but thoroughly worth it. The room we stayed in was huge, overlooking the gardens, very quiet, immaculately clean and private. Breakfast in the conservatory was a real highlight and we enjoyed chatting with Kathy about the farm, surrounding area and local highlights. We also enjoyed walking around the farm and adjoining church grounds and ate down the road at the Gate Pub. Chislet Court is a relaxing and peaceful base to explore the area, with driving to Dover a breeze.
- Great breakfast in the conservatory
- Huge comfortable rooms
- Quiet spot with nice views over the lawn to the old church
- A warm welcome from the host Kathy and good advice about what to see and do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chislet Court is a family run arable farm in the village of Chislet. Accommodation is in the listed Queen Anne Farmhouse, which has mediaeval foundations. The house is set in large mature gardens overlooking the ancient village church, our three-kiln oast house, and the surrounding countryside. The two well equipped en-suite double bedrooms are large and comfortable. They are south facing and look out over the gardens. Breakfast is served in the conservatory. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Chislet Court Farm Kent