“Quirky”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Out of the way in Marshside this little gem is just something else. No 'Fizz water' here, but proper ales, and the Black Pudding Sarnies - just great.
This is a throwback to yesteryear and is a must if you like something a bit quirky.

1  Thank Bodecas

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Really lovely find, beautiful gardens and outdoor seating. The food was fantastic the best in the area I have tried to date. The pub inside is has bags of character and the service very friendly.
Will be back soon.

2  Thank maciver
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Such a great find with buckets of character. Superb kept ale straight from the cask, Delicious food with much of it fresh and locally sourced. Welcoming and friendly staff. Highly recommending a visit here in the beautiful heart of East Kent countryside.

2  Thank billyboy1922
Reviewed June 17, 2012

So, I'm not a fan of your typical type of pubs but this one is no ordinary place.. it's so welcoming I'd eat there most nights if I could. I love the fact everyone is relaxed, lovely open fire for the cold nights and a gorgeous 'real' rustic look about the place. I'd move in if I could!
Food is made from fresh, and the landlord is one of the nicest people I think I've ever met :)
See you soon The Gate Inn, you've certainly got me started enjoying REAL pubs and human beings again thank you x

2  Thank anna o
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We have been going to this pub for quite a few years now, only once or twice a year when visiting relatives in the area, but i have always loved its warm welcome & its old fashioned feel. I'm not sure that the bar area has changed that much since the war, & it's all the better for that. Nice warm fires, church pew type seating & no pumps on the bar. I was a little concerned that it would go downhill when Chris the old landlord retired last year, but we have recently visited again & if anything it is even better. A lick of paint in the toilets & a nice new snug area with leather sofas are welcome additions. The food menu is now a little more concise, but my old favourites were still there & we really enjoyed our lunch. If you get the chance, you must visit.

2  Thank WHETTY