“A nice little escape”

and 1 more site!
Evenhill
Ranked #2 of 2 Littlebourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very comfortable and good value B&B just outside Canterbury. We booked this as a short (one night) break away from home. The inn is in an excellent location just outside Canterbury, so perfect base for visiting the cathedral and the shops. The accommodation we stayed in is in a converted barn behind the actual pub, set back from the road, so nice and quiet and calm. The standard double room wasn't huge, but was comfortable and warm (it was freezing out), with everything you need for a short stay.

The restaurant in the pub is also very good. Excellent quality food at a very good price. The staff are attentive, helpful and friendly.

The overall bill for one night's accommodation, a full dinner, a couple of drinks in the bar, and a good quality cooked breakfast was fantastically good value. We will definitely return - hopefully in better weather!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent two nights here, the rooms were in a barn conversion and were well appointed. The heating, which became very necessary, was not easy to work out and caused some concern on a snowy morning.
The staff were all enthusiastic and helpful and looked after us well.
The food was good the portions, for us were very generous, which meant we never managed to try a dessert as we were too full to think about indulging ourselves.
However the meat, although cooked as requested, was somewhat tough and although the flavour was excellent, left you feeling disappointed.
However given we stayed for 2 nights with full English breakfast (no complaints on that score), the price including 2 meals for 2 was excellent.

Room Tip: all equally good I would say, we were on the first floor at the back with a view over open fields, t...
Reviewed March 24, 2013

even hill is a typical country pub, basic but comfortable, with a selection of good beers. The room was in an accommodation block behind the pub. It was not dissimilar to a Ttravelodge room but with much better towels and toiletories. It also had aircon which was great. On the downside the TV was not working and the smoked salmon I was served with my scrambled egg was off. Overall a good place to rest for a night but nothing special.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We spent a delightful weekend in Canterbury and stayed at the Evenhill. It is just a 5 minute drive from Canterbury centre, we found it really easy to find parking space. The hotel is just delightful. The rooms are clean and and welcoming, they have everythig you need.

The pub and restaurant are just delightful. They had a roaring open fire. The staff were so polite and helpful. We had drinks first then had a meal in the restaurant, the food was excellent, service prompt and helpful. The bill was a nice surprise too, excellent value.

All in all a lovely happy experience and we will definately be returning.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed twice during January 2013, whilst visiting relatives. Sadly, my grandfather (who lives close to the Evenhill) has recently been diagnosed with terminal leukaemia. I had some family errands to run and the Evenhill was ideally located for my needs.

Fred (the landlord) introduced himself and his team were very understanding during this difficult time. Overall the service was exceptional.

From the minute I checked in, to eventual departure including evening meals, bar service, room service, breakfast, everything - there was a friendly, helpful face.

Both rooms I stayed in were excellent, especially for the rate I was being charged. Very good value for money. The rooms I stayed in were in a converted barn to the rear of the premises with nice views across the Kent countryside. The en-suite bathroom was on-par with some of the 4* hotels I've stayed in and everyone knows how much difference this can make to your stay!

I was able to use free Wifi in the bar area, my only criticism (and it's a small one) is that there is no internet available in the bedrooms. If there was an option (wifi or wired, free or paid) it would benefit business users. As stated above, I was visiting family, but needed to check my emails in the evening.

Food was very good. I had the steak (on both occasions) and it was cooked to my liking as well as being very well presented. Breakfast was delicious and the portion sizes were more than adequate.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my 2 stays and will certainly return in the near-future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I booked this last minute for a one night stay on Saturday, and were very pleased we did. The rooms are in a seperate building at the back of the pub, which from the outside looks like a converted barn. But inside it is very clean and neatly decorated. The room had a very comfy bed and nice modern bathroom. As per my subject, we both really noticed that the place was so exceptionally clean. I have stayed in a few places and this really was the cleanest.
The staff were very friendly, and the full English breakfast was lovely too. Good quality and well cooked. Plus a large selection of cereal, fruit and yoghurt to help yourself to.
It is only a ten minute drive from Canterbury city centre, and there is ample parking.
Overall, I really cannot fault this hotel and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

stayed here for two nights on 1 January very nice hotel with a lovely country pub . Found the staff very friendly and helpful with a nice warm atmosphere in the bar food very good plenty to choose from for breakfast. my room was very clean and very modern with a nice size bathroom and a cracking shower plenty of hot water also tea and coffee facility in the room which i like . very good location bus stop in to Canterbury right out side the bar about a fifteen minute bus ride to city center five minutes in the car . Would i stay again yes i will be back

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littlebourne
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel
Howfield Manor Hotel
Howfield Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chartham
Ebury Hotel and Serviced Apartments

Been to Evenhill? Share your experiences!