Homelea Bed and Breakfast
$111
$108
Canterbury Hotel(Canterbury)
$111
The Victoria Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$121
Railway Hotel(Faversham)(Great Value!)
$88
$83
Orbitz.com
The Falstaff in Canterbury(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$99
$99
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge
All reviewsschool roomslippers providedbeautiful roomfriendly hostslovely breakfastlocal attractionslarge bathroomenjoyable stayyogurtfionabalconycanterburyaccommodationblindstreetopsstabletoiletries
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My fiancé booked an overnight stay at Homelea for a surprise for my birthday..... When we arrived at Homelea on Saturday 29th March, we were very overwhelmed by how beautiful this B&B looked set in a stunning location with breathtaking view of its grounds and surrounding countryside....... We were greeted by Fiona and Mark, who are a very warm welcoming couple. Fiona showed us to our room of which we stayed in 'The School Room'..... WOW WOW WOW, this room is absolutely incredible!! VERY SPACIOUS with lovely décor, this room had glass doors/ windows nearly the width of the whole room which led onto a veranda..... The views from this room are absolutely breath taking overlookiing the Homelea grounds, paddocks, lakes & surrounding countryside.

This room made our stay very special and Fiona was a fantastic host. The cleanliness and décor of this accommodation is of a very high standard throughout with a beautiful modern bathroom. Fiona was very accommodating and recommended some local pubs, for us to go to for a meal etc and she also recommended a local riding school to my partner so he could surprise me with a horse ride on the Sunday morning.

We went to 'The George Pub' in Molash for a meal on the Saturday evening and i have to say the food was amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening there. Very friendly and welcoming pub with lots of character.

Sunday morning we had a full English breakfast which Fiona cooked for us and she even placed a birthday card at the table for me :). Homelea sources all local produce for their breakfasts, it really was top quality. (try the sausages LOL) amazing.

Fiona recommended that we went to the Deepdene riding school nearby, of which i had a fantastic ride there and the people were lovely there to. This is certainly a place i would recommend to any horse lover.

We cant wait to book another night away at Homlea B&B again and highly recommend this accommodation. For best prices and any special offers we would advise to contact Homelea direct. We found their number via their own website.

Many thanks to Fiona and Mark for making our stay amazing. We very much look forward to staying we you again in the near future.

Hols & Mart

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I am so thrilled to see this property is now a B& B I used to go there as a child in the 50's when it was privately owned by the Harveys I spent many happy hours there & its so good to see people are still enjoying the home comforts......I must give it a try when I'm down that way again and see how its changed!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a two night stay at Homelea. Fiona welcomed us on arrival and showed us to our beautiful room which had the real WOW factor. Fiona recommended a lovely Olde Worlde pub in the village of Chartham called The Artichoke for evening dinner and we were not disappointed.
Homelea is the ideal base for visiting Canterbury and the surrounding areas. We really had a fantastic stay. We stayed in the spacious School Room which was to a very high standard (the biggest room we have ever stayed in), the décor was lovely, the bed was so comfortable and the views from the bedroom were breath taking. Breakfast was a hearty full English breakfast which went down a treat. Would highly recommend a stay, you won't be disappointed by the welcome and the lovely touches which make such a difference. Fiona even left some freshly made scones in our room which were very well received, her hospitality is First Class. Would highly Homelea but rather than go through a booking agent, go direct and save money. Thanks Fiona for a truly memorable stay in Chilham . We'll definitely be going back to Homelea in the near future for a visit and be recommending it to our family and friends 5 ***** rating.

Room Tip: The School Room had views of the beautiful Kent countryside.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was meant to write this some time ago however I don't want to miss the opportunity to praise this peaceful and well-managed B&B. My girlfriend and I stayed with Fiona at Homelea...rather last minute...and found it charming, tranquil and friendly. Having never been to Canterbury before and always looking for new parts of the U.K. to explore, this was a perfect oasis from a very busy and student populated town. Chilham is only two train stops and a 12 quid taxi away from central Canterbury and the cathedral. If you're ever on the look out for a piece of English and Roman history, Canterbury is difficult to beat and Homelea Bed and Breakfast will provide a comforting resting place for a most enjoyable weekend.

I did score the value as average only because I feel prices for hotels/B&Bs are inflated at the moment, however there is no doubt that Homelea is offering very competitive rates.

Room Tip: There's 3 options, each meeting various budgets and needs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

An excellent bed and breakfast very close to Canterbury. The owner is very friendly and welcoming, the room we stayed in was superb with a marvellous view over the Kent countryside. We felt very relaxed in our excellent comfortable bedroom and slept soundly. The breakfast was lovely.

Room Tip: The School Room at the back of the property is spacious and beautifully peaceful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple