“Absolutely superb!!! Sunday lunch a must!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chives on the Green Restaurant - CLOSED

Chives on the Green Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sittingbourne, England
“Absolutely superb!!! Sunday lunch a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Me my husband came to the beautiful Broome Park mansion on the 6th of April. The surroundings and views are that somewhat of a painting. We entered the restaurant for Sunday dinner we were seated and we were amazed by the choice of food as my husband is a little fussy. The food came out at decent time and was exquisite, well presented and great taste. The two lovely young ladies that served us throuout the meal always smiling and efficient and acted as if they were proud of their job. The portions of food are so generous we sure had to make room for dessert they sounded too delicious to miss.

All in all I would recommend chives on the green to everyone !! Well done we will be returning

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChivesGreen, Owner at Chives on the Green Restaurant, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to send your review, I have forwarded to the restaurant team & especially the two young ladies,
Graham spends a great deal of time working on the menus to provide a range of dishes that not only will you enjoy but that they will all enjoy cooking. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience that we have trained the staff to provide and we were much look forward to seeing you again.

Debbie, Graham & the Chives team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
kent
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Just visited this lovely mansion for Mothers Day. The food, ambience, staff, were amazing. The presentation of the food and quantity and choice was fantastic. Lovely children's food too. Would highly recommend.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Dined in the restaurant with friends celebrating two birthdays. We experienced good food charmingly served by our waiter, who we later found out was leaving the next day! The venue is pleasant and there was a relaxed atmosphere when we moved to easy chairs for coffee.

Visited March 2014
ChivesGreen, Owner at Chives on the Green Restaurant, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review, it's always good for the team to receive great feedback which they so deserve.
I am glad you enjoyed the double celebrations and made the most of Broome Park, hopefully soon you will be able to enjoy pre dinner drinks on the terrace in the evening sunshine or of course alfresco lunches or afternoon teas.
We look forward to welcoming you back
With kind regards
Debbie & Graham
Folkest
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, lovely atmosphere & friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband took me here as a surprise on valentines night & even though it only 10 minutes from my home I never knew this restaurant was here. As we approached the beautiful manor house at Broome park I expected it to be precocious & stuffy being a golf club! I'm pleased to say it was such a romantic evening. The clientele was very varied & the staff were warm & welcoming. The ambiance was relaxed & the food was out of this world. I tasted food that I wouldn't usually choose but would definitely try again. Thankyou to all the staff & the top class chef for giving my husband & I such a wonderful experience. Will certainly be back again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Marie S
Thank you so much for the lovely review, do come and visit us again soon, we have our next music night as discussed on the 23rd April so we do hope you can make that, the restaurant will be open before and we will be serving bar meals as well. You can just come and enjoy the music amidst the relaxed splendour of Broome Park

Debbie & Graham
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly warm and welcoming, fab food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We booked Chives at the last minute for Sunday lunch and were very pleased with the whole experience. There is plenty of space to sit and chat before the meal either in the bar or the extensive reception area with comfy sofas. The building including the restaurant itself is full of character, warm and welcoming even if a bit worn around the edges. All the staff were attentive and friendly and explained the options well, especially the roast special with 3 courses which was excellent value for money. Particular favourites were the kidneys, fish on celeriac mash with mussels, venison and the amaretto parfait. The only slight criticism was the time each course took to arrive as it is cooked fresh, so it is a good idea to order quickly. We saw one of the other diners take a 'doggy bag' so he obviously liked it too. We plan to hold a group dinner there in the summer as a result of this positive visit and also try the tasting menu soon.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back for your group dinner and when you try the tasting menu,
The waiting time can vary depending on the dishes ordered, as you say everything is cooked to order but I am glad you felt it was all worth the wait.

Debbie&Graham