“Great food, lovely atmosphere & friendly staff”
Review of Chives on the Green Restaurant - CLOSED

Chives on the Green Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband took me here as a surprise on valentines night & even though it only 10 minutes from my home I never knew this restaurant was here. As we approached the beautiful manor house at Broome park I expected it to be precocious & stuffy being a golf club! I'm pleased to say it was such a romantic evening. The clientele was very varied & the staff were warm & welcoming. The ambiance was relaxed & the food was out of this world. I tasted food that I wouldn't usually choose but would definitely try again. Thankyou to all the staff & the top class chef for giving my husband & I such a wonderful experience. Will certainly be back again.

1  Thank Marie S
ChivesGreen, Owner at Chives on the Green Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you so much for the lovely review, do come and visit us again soon, we have our next music night as discussed on the 23rd April so we do hope you can make that, the restaurant will be open before and we will be serving bar meals as well. You can just come and enjoy the music amidst the relaxed splendour of Broome Park

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We booked Chives at the last minute for Sunday lunch and were very pleased with the whole experience. There is plenty of space to sit and chat before the meal either in the bar or the extensive reception area with comfy sofas. The building including the restaurant itself is full of character, warm and welcoming even if a bit worn around the edges. All the staff were attentive and friendly and explained the options well, especially the roast special with 3 courses which was excellent value for money. Particular favourites were the kidneys, fish on celeriac mash with mussels, venison and the amaretto parfait. The only slight criticism was the time each course took to arrive as it is cooked fresh, so it is a good idea to order quickly. We saw one of the other diners take a 'doggy bag' so he obviously liked it too. We plan to hold a group dinner there in the summer as a result of this positive visit and also try the tasting menu soon.

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back for your group dinner and when you try the tasting menu,
The waiting time can vary depending on the dishes ordered, as you say everything is cooked to order but I am glad you felt it was all worth the wait.

Debbie&Graham

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Revisited the restaurant last Sunday and we were made most welcome by all the staff. The menu was very good with a nice selection of dishes for all the courses. I had pasta with duck breast and it was delicious as was the homemade soup. The lamb and pork dishes were also very good and the portions were generous. We all even managed to squeeze in one of their scrumptious puddings. It was a very enjoyable meal and so different from our Christmas Day experience. So yes we will give Chives a top rating based on this meal, which I believe is their usual standard.

We are so pleased that you came back with your party, it was a pleasure looking after you all and we look forward to seeing you again before too long

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We booked my wife's birthday lunch with the family in the Chinese room , service and food was excellent, as it was when we celebrated my birthday, looking forward to our next visit, thank you Glenis and staff for a most enjoyable time.

Thank you for you lovely review, Glenys and the team enjoyed looking after your party and we hope to see you again soon, we should hopefully be serving alfresco lunches & cream teas soon.

So you can eat & enjoy the views at the same time

Debbie

Reviewed January 11, 2014

A very enjoyable lunch with friends at Chives. As usual Graham came up trumps. The food was hot and well prepared and Graham's personal touch was evident. Roger and Jan

Thank you, it is always a pleasure welcoming you both, I hope to see you again soon.

With warm regards