“Recommended for all.”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

It was my first time at the Duke today and i enjoyed it, there was great service and lovely food. I will definitely recommend it any time of the year. I'd happily try anything they have to offer. :)

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

When me an my wife are in the area we always make time to visit the Duke Of Cumberland . Fantastic service and atmosphere with a lovely beer garden. The staff are always attentive and friendly , however the food is what makes this place the gem that it Is . Well done to the chef keep up the good work!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have reviewed the Duke before, but it is our 'local'. We were here again for another emal last Friday night, and the food was amazing (and that's not a strong enough description). We had a homemade scotch egg, with two chilli nachos for starters- the chilli nachos were main course size and the homemade chilli was fantastic. Two Homemade Chicken and Mushroom Pies and a homemade chicken Kiev for Mains- again really really good. Lots of Vegetables, and enough chips or new potatoes.
We are regulars here- especially for Sunday lunch- and also the Quiz with curry every few months- great local pub but more importantly than that a great restaurant. Going through a bit of a refurbishment at the moment which is really brightening the place up!

1  Thank Jetmagic69
Reviewed April 7, 2014

A Surprise Sunday Lunch in Kent. There was 9 of us had a nice room with large table. Was a Set Lunch Roast Fish and Chips and a Nut Roast. As I'm allergic to Pepper waitress check for me the Meat was suitable but unfortunately the Veg had been seasoned. I was ok as my second choice was Fish and Chips. So good and I'd not even asked for skin taken off which it was. The Roast looked lovely of which 5 of our party had 3 fish and chips and 1 nut roast. We even had a little room for Dessert. Ice Cream Cheesecake was enjoyed to finish the meal. Was a lovely atmosphere in around the Pub. We been to Sister Pub The Jackdaw which also is a good place to eat.

1  Thank FlattopUk
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had a lovely meal here last Sunday night. Myself and my hubby both had the chicken in a wild mushroom sauce which was really nice, nice change to having something home cooked rather than just heated up like you find in a lot of places nowadays. Dessert was cheesecake and a crumble which again, were lovely. Lovely quiet atmosphere with log fire and the barman was attentive and friendly. Will be back!

1  Thank jblood75