“This Chef has talent!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

When me an my wife are in the area we always make time to visit the Duke Of Cumberland . Fantastic service and atmosphere with a lovely beer garden. The staff are always attentive and friendly , however the food is what makes this place the gem that it Is . Well done to the chef keep up the good work!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have reviewed the Duke before, but it is our 'local'. We were here again for another emal last Friday night, and the food was amazing (and that's not a strong enough description). We had a homemade scotch egg, with two chilli nachos for starters- the chilli nachos were main course size and the homemade chilli was fantastic. Two Homemade Chicken and Mushroom Pies and a homemade chicken Kiev for Mains- again really really good. Lots of Vegetables, and enough chips or new potatoes.
We are regulars here- especially for Sunday lunch- and also the Quiz with curry every few months- great local pub but more importantly than that a great restaurant. Going through a bit of a refurbishment at the moment which is really brightening the place up!

1  Thank Jetmagic69
Reviewed April 7, 2014

A Surprise Sunday Lunch in Kent. There was 9 of us had a nice room with large table. Was a Set Lunch Roast Fish and Chips and a Nut Roast. As I'm allergic to Pepper waitress check for me the Meat was suitable but unfortunately the Veg had been seasoned. I was ok as my second choice was Fish and Chips. So good and I'd not even asked for skin taken off which it was. The Roast looked lovely of which 5 of our party had 3 fish and chips and 1 nut roast. We even had a little room for Dessert. Ice Cream Cheesecake was enjoyed to finish the meal. Was a lovely atmosphere in around the Pub. We been to Sister Pub The Jackdaw which also is a good place to eat.

1  Thank FlattopUk
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had a lovely meal here last Sunday night. Myself and my hubby both had the chicken in a wild mushroom sauce which was really nice, nice change to having something home cooked rather than just heated up like you find in a lot of places nowadays. Dessert was cheesecake and a crumble which again, were lovely. Lovely quiet atmosphere with log fire and the barman was attentive and friendly. Will be back!

1  Thank jblood75
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Visted this olde worlde type village pub with my family for a Sunday Lunch Roast. We were met with a welcoming smile and pleasant manner from the Lady behind the Bar (The Landlady, possibly ?). Food order was taken at our table and the selected roasts arrived in good time and with a handsome sized portion, complete with the trimmings. The food was pleasantly displayed and perfect in temperature and taste. The ambience of the premises was also perfect with unobtrusive music playing in the background. There were a substantial number of other patrons, indicating possibly that my views, as above, were commonly held by others. The prices were most reasonable and acceptable. All in all, a most agreeable experience with good home cooking and a pleasant ambience.