We stayed in the Regency Villas as part of my dad's time share membership.
The villas are very spacious and are decorated to a good standard with central heating. They provide a DVD player and TV.
The main house itself was lovely to look around and anyone staying there should definitely go on the House and Garden tour. However, I am glad we were staying in the villas as the self catering facilities in the rooms was poor and the restaurant only provides dinner and bar lunches. The cream tea served here does not use Clotted cream and I would recommend the pub down the raoad, The Jackdaw, for a much nicer one for the same price. The food in the restaurant was a bit of a let down for me but maybe I like the simpler things in life!
It is also a shame that you have to pay £2.50 for each daily trip to the pool. This area could really be upgraded with a jacuzzi and steam room! Whether you have to pay if you stay in the hotel I do not know.
As previously mentioned by others, I really think that Wifi is a must in hotels these days when you can get it for free in local pubs. We could not get it at all in the villas.
All in all though it was a lovely week even in the snow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have you ever wondered what it would have been like to own your own country estate? At Broome Park Golf and Country Club you can experience the feeling for yourself.The grade-1 listed building at this elegant resort is a stunning example of 17th century Jacobean architecture. Steeped in history, Broome Park, which boasts a traditional British-style pub and elegant dining choices, dominates the estate in which you will find your contemporary woodland lodge.A private, 18-hole championship length golf course is just one of many sporting attractions to divert your attention before you strike out to discover Kent—the Garden of England—and medieval Canterbury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Broome Park Golf and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Broome Park Golf And Country Club Hotel Barham
- Broome Park Golf And Country Club Barham, UK - Kent