“Stellar Homemade Cooking.”

Jam Rock Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Cul de Sac
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This is what we do. We are a Caribbean restaurant that gives a great service and heart full meal. I have been a fisher-man for over 14years and started this restaurant with my wife while fishing now I just have the fish deliver fresh. We have a small terrace seat up to 16-18 persons and interior more spacious, If your searching a real CARIBBEAN restaurant we are the one. Our menu is design to take you to Jamaica, Haiti, or even Guadeloupe and back to Saint Martin. We cook with soul in the kitchen every meal we take our time to make sure its well done for you. It can take time but nothing good come easy. Grantee the best.
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I used to write some food reviews for Washingtonian magazine, and consider myself a self-professed foodie with very high standards. I took my son here just before X-mas for lunch, having heard great things about the jerk chicken and meats. We ordered Carribean spiced shrimp as an appetizer, two orders of jerk chicken with rice and peas, and cole slaw. The shrimp was fresh, large and deliciously spicy, and the jerk chicken was, simply put, exceptional and as good as I have ever had, including in Jamaica. And the cole slaw was unlike any other I had tasted - it had a fruity sweet texture to it (I ordered an extra dish of it). This restaurant is owned by a young husband and wife, and the wife is from Jamaica and puts quite a bit of love into the food. Don't put fooled by the restaurants unassuming look and location. The food is incredible and more than worthy of being a destination restaurant. If you have a passion for good food, you would be remiss not to try it.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Eat where the locals eat. It doesn't look like much from the outside but the inside/ outside atmosphere is low key and comfortable. We had the traditional Jamaican meal, ackee and monrue (sp), and snapper with rice and veggies. It was REALLY good! Clean your plate good! Friendly service. Be prepared to spend time there. They take their time to prepare the ultra fresh meals, but worth it.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Mathieu is a most congenial host and went out of his way to be sure we were happy. All the food was fresh, prepared expertly, just a magnificent meal. One member of our party is vegan and Mathieu offered to make his callalou for her. She said it was delicious. The rest of us had the escovitch fish which was tender and flaky and seasoned perfectly, the National Dish which was full of fresh fish and again seasoned just right, and the other member had the lamb stew which tender and delicious. Do not miss out on the festivals - similar to johnnycakes but softer and sweeter - yum! This was by far our best meal on the island - yes, even compared to the high-end French ones . Thank you to Mathieu and Sherine for a beautiful evening.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Really enjoyed the small deck terrace setting. Delicious Jerk Chicken and Lamb Stew. Very friendly service from owners Sherine (in the kitchen) and Mathieu (on the floor). Will be back when we next visit St. Martin.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were in St. Martin for 4 days in June 2013 and wanted to try some local cuisine. I'm so glad we went to Jam Rock. After eating twice at the lolos in Grand Case, we wanted something different and stumbled upon Jam Rock since we were staying at the Radisson. The restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere and Sherine and Mathieu (the owners) are extremely friendly. They made us feel right at home and we enjoyed talking to them and hearing their story. As the other reviewers have said, the food was simply amazing!!!!! So flavorful and quite generous portions at a reasonable price. We had the parrot fish and the red snapper and both were delicious. I wish we'd discovered Jam Rock earlier or had more time to go back and try their other dishes! I highly recommend Jam Rock to everyone visiting St. Martin. It's definitely worth the trip if you're staying in a different part of the island, and if you're nearby, I'm sure you'll eat there more than once!