Jam Rock Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Cul de Sac
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This is what we do. We are a Caribbean restaurant that gives a great service and heart full meal. I have been a fisher-man for over 14years and started this restaurant with my wife while fishing now I just have the fish deliver fresh. We have a small terrace seat up to 16-18 persons and interior more spacious, If your searching a real CARIBBEAN restaurant we are the one. Our menu is design to take you to Jamaica, Haiti, or even Guadeloupe and back to Saint Martin. We cook with soul in the kitchen every meal we take our time to make sure its well done for you. It can take time but nothing good come easy. Grantee the best.
Road Town, Tortola
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Really enjoyed the small deck terrace setting. Delicious Jerk Chicken and Lamb Stew. Very friendly service from owners Sherine (in the kitchen) and Mathieu (on the floor). Will be back when we next visit St. Martin.

• Visited November 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were in St. Martin for 4 days in June 2013 and wanted to try some local cuisine. I'm so glad we went to Jam Rock. After eating twice at the lolos in Grand Case, we wanted something different and stumbled upon Jam Rock since we were staying at the Radisson. The restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere and Sherine and Mathieu (the owners) are extremely friendly. They made us feel right at home and we enjoyed talking to them and hearing their story. As the other reviewers have said, the food was simply amazing!!!!! So flavorful and quite generous portions at a reasonable price. We had the parrot fish and the red snapper and both were delicious. I wish we'd discovered Jam Rock earlier or had more time to go back and try their other dishes! I highly recommend Jam Rock to everyone visiting St. Martin. It's definitely worth the trip if you're staying in a different part of the island, and if you're nearby, I'm sure you'll eat there more than once!

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Fine Dining Fusion”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Fine Dining Fusion

Driving along the Cul de Sac we came upon Jam Rock RESTO...having traversed the area while seeking rest and relaxation in Anse Marcel region, this evening we decided to stop off for an evening dessert; which, became a dining experience unmatched in taste , authenticity and sophistication. Our simple jaunt for a simple Jamaican evening snack became a most memorable gastronomic experience of fine dining and drink.

Initially my companion ordered stew lamb dish and I, an appetizer of whole peppered shrimp( from head to tail...mmmm). The shrimp dish perfectly peppered and arranged eloquently, the fresh taste was unmistakably. We ate lavishly and enjoyably...all the while the ambiance of the jam rock RESTO enveloped us...we became part of the scene, part of the warm relaxing vibe...
Gentlemen, cooling out, by the bar, a father and son enjoying an evening meal together, a local fellow stopped in, with warm greetings and regards for all...he was known to the gentleman at the bar, the father and son and the proprietors. There was a genuine feeling of closeness and community.

Seated at a table across was a young couple out for a late evening soiree.

...after dining on our appetizer... The most soft succulent melt in your mouth stew lamb was served...with rice...after one delectable taste of my companions meal and plated appearance is when I knew that this restaurant... In the northern reaches of st.martin was something more... more sophisticated than any other Jamaican restaurant one could imagine. Immediately, my appetite opened, and with that an order for a dish of jerk chicken was placed. While sipping on a tall rum punch and lager...the spirits flowed a glass of white wine...beautiful. The proprietors provided a shot glass of special blend of in house rums and spice, called "Jam rock house rum" The tastes...the feeling...the warmth continued...
My jerk chicken dish was served, it arrived with a portion of sauteed potatoes and the most deliciously sweet and fresh Cole slaw ever created...taking the fork and delving into the dish the smooth texture of the meat began to melt in my mouth...then the taste of a deserving layer of sauce took hold of my palate...then the final taste revelation of the senses. The final revelation of taste was, of the grilled BBQ steel drum open pit flavor, of a truly authentic slow "jerked" Jamaican chicken. The sensation of that flavor in that moment triggered the fondest memories of "home". The tastes long missed but never forgotten...this meal was a cherished experience...the setting, the ambiance, and the wonderful people... A welcome respite to all
Bon appetite, Jam rock RESTO until next time.

• Visited September 2013
“Lovely”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

A good and nice restaurant. I perform in the restaurant. Special food and sweet people. I love the area. Sharon & mathieu thank you. Tha girl from Amsterdam.

• Visited July 2013
Warsaw, Poland
“Friendly atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I went to Jam Rock with my boyfriend couple of weeks ago for a late lunch. We were exploring the beaches in the north part of the island and stopped in Cul-de-Sac. I'm so glad the yellow building of the restaurant got our attention on the way. The place is amazing. Very friendly family atmosphere. Mathieu, the owner opened the restaurant about 6 months ago with his wife who comes from Jamaica. I ordered goat stew and was blown away how good it was! You need to try the garlic patatoes and coleslaw that come with the dishes. Definitely, I will be back there soon!

• Visited July 2013