Open today: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Ozzy was wonderful!

Reviewed 1 week ago
Jaime H
via mobile

All reviews paddle boards dry bag pinel island tandem kayak sand bar easy paddle life vests super fun main island sint maarten cruise ship water taxi beautiful water simpson bay clear water day trip beautiful island
Reviewed 3 days ago

The weather may not have been perfect the day we rented the tandem kayak, but it did not stop us from having a great time paddling to Pinel. Ozzy was very helpful and we will happily rent from him again on our next trip.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I booked a kayak rental months in advance of our trip, very much looking forward to the day. It happened to be the one day of our trip with not ideal weather so that was a bummer. While not raining when we got there, it was cloudy, breezy and water choppy. We went ahead with the trip anyway. Ozzy explained it would be better to do solo kayaking instead of the double due to stability. He provided a quick tutorial since I was beginner status. While we were disappointed that nothing was open on Pinel Island we enjoyed our experience with Caribbean Paddling and highly recommend utilizing them.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were picked by a really nice lady that took me, my husband and another family to Pinel Island. The ride was approximately 30 minutes. Ozzy was waiting there for us with kayaks, paddles, lifevests, a dry bag for our personal items and a dry bag that we had ordered when booking. The lunch prepared was soooooo nice, fresh and delicious. Would highly recommend ordering the lunch! The kayaking over to Pinel Island was 10-15 minutes and the beach was nice. The restaurant does charge to use their beach chairs. We decided upon the driver to go back to the ship and she was very considerate about getting all of us back on time. Good experience!

1  Thank nancymcheatham
Reviewed September 21, 2018

We arrived in St. Martin via cruise ship. We followed Ozzy's directions to the parking lot to be picked up to be transported to the boat launch. The trip to St. Maarten was uneventful. Once at the boat launch we were warmly greeted by Ozzy and his associate. They quickly got us outfitted with kayaks, waterproof bags and life vests. We paddled over to Pinel Island. Enjoyed lunch and exploring the deserted beach on the other side of the island. It was so peaceful. At the agreed upon time we paddled back to the mainland to be shuttled back to the cruise ship. I would highly recommend Caribbean Paddling. I did all of our booking online and chatting with Ozzy. It was simple and he was accommodating.

1  Thank Christine K
Reviewed August 28, 2018

My husband, myself and 2 teenage boys visited St Martin's last week while on a cruise and had booked 2 - 2 person kayaks with transportation online. The booking process was straight forward and their website was very informative. Prior to our arrival, our driver Teresa sent a shuttle meeting invite explaining pickup location and included a map of the port. She was extremely friendly and easy to talk to, giving us information on the island and how life has been since the hurricane. We arrived at our destination to meet Ozzy who had the kayaks waiting in the water. He loaded us up with life jackets, paddles and dry bags and off we went to kayak to Pinel Island. Based on advice from Ozzy, we explored the entire island and the beach on the other side but eventually spent the rest of the day at Yellow Beach restaurant enjoying lunch while lounging on the beach. We then kayaked back to meet up with our driver to return to port. Overall a fantastic day and I look forward to doing another kayaking excursion in the future when visiting St. Martin's.

1  Thank Bonnie678
Reviewed August 28, 2018

My husband and I arrived via cruise ship and had the most fantastic day! We booked a tandem kayak with snorkel gear online and had no problems at all.

When we arrived at port we proceeded to the pick up spot and our driver was there in a matter of minutes. (We were early for our 10am pick up).

I really wish I could remember our driver's name as she was so friendly and welcoming. She was from the French side of St Martin and was so informative about the island and it's recovery from the hurricanes. There is still a lot of damage, but visitors are welcomed and much needed in the recovery effort.

When we got to the cul de sac Ozzy was waiting for us with our gear all ready to go. He helped load our stuff in to dry bags and pointed us in the right direction for snorkeling, then we were off.

There is a smaller island with a very small beach before you reach Pinel Island where you can stop and snorkel. We pulled up onto the beach and snorkeled all the way around the little island. Visibility wasn't too great in the water that day, but we did get to see a boat wreck and lots of blue tang fish. A woman who snorkeling nearby said she saw a huge puffer fish, but we couldn't find it.

After the snorkeling we got back on our kayak and headed to Pinel Island. We decided to set up shop on Yellow Beach (there are two restaurants - one to the left, the other to the right... Yellow Beach is where the chairs are yellow).

Chair/umbrella rental was $20 and the lemon ice drinks were DELICIOUS (frozen vodka/lemonade). I can't remember the cost of the drinks, but I don't believe it was that much - maybe about $5 - $8. We had quite a few.

It started raining pretty heavy shortly after we arrived so we hurried up to one of the palaces at the restaurant and decided to have lunch. We picked a lobster right from the water's edge (had been bought from local fisherman that morning). We also had caribbean barbecue chicken and some calamari. Lots of food! It was AMAZING!

After that we spent the rest of our time playing in the clear water and meeting other guests that had arrived on the island.

All too soon it was time to start paddling back.

When we got back Ozzy and his wife were there to pick up the equipment and ask about our day. Our taxi driver from the morning was also there, ready to bring us back to the cruise port.

We arrived back in port with plenty of time to look around the shops before boarding the ship.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

We reserved 3-2 person kayaks from Ozzy who was very accommodating & friendly! He even had dry bags available for us if we needed them for our stuff. My husband & I went with our 4 children in age from 17-9. It was a very relaxing trip to the island enjoying the beauty all around us. We spent the day on Pinel. It is a beautiful, peaceful island, just 2 little outdoor restaurants, great food, & not crowded at all.
The kids loved feeding all the iguanas! It was awesome!! We highly recommend a kayak trip to Pinel, it was a unique way to travel & away from the more crowded beaches.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We visit via cruise ship, which ultimately docked early. We rented a scooter and were to Cul De Sac much faster than expected so had to put around waiting for the "start time". Only knew I was in the right place from the satellite image I had looked at prior to arriving - a sign for the business would have been appreciated, but we figured it out.

We were there on a very windy day, which of course CPCo can't control. We're experienced paddle boarders and spent a good amount of time crossing the bay on our knees. The sandbar was cool and the bay at Little key was protected enough to paddle around.

Pinel Island was great and virtually empty while we were there, although we arrived by about 10:00 and only stayed around an hour. Nice employees at the main bar and good cold drinks - slightly expensive.

With the wind at our backs much easier stand up paddle all the way back, even had a 4-5 foot shark breach the water about 20' away from our boards once back in the bay - pretty wild!

Overall, be aware that how "clear" and "calm" your experience is will be directly related to the conditions. This is on the atlantic side but protected, so you never know what you'll get.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We rented a two person kayak and had a great day. Having taken the ferry to Pinel, I will say that renting a Kayak is a way better way to see the island. The bay is calm and the trip is short enough that almost anyone can manage and you get to see so much more than if you buy a ticket for the ferry.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Beautiful water to kayak through on the way to Pinel Island! A must do if you're fit enough to paddle a kayak against the wind some!