“Excellent food, relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Le Ti Bouchon

Le Ti Bouchon
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Cul de Sac
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ti Bouchon is closed for seasonal vacations. We will re open on October 2016.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

You sit outside on a porch. Momo, the owner, greets you warmly and, after you are seated, describes the specials of the day.

Food is generally French Bistro but with a twist. As an example, a new appetizer is a deconstructed Salade Caprese. Ripe tomatoes are reduced to a gel, topped with a whipped mozzarella, and surrounded by a pesto sauce. One scoop melds the flavors of the tomato and basil. Brilliant.

Other appetizers include a gazpacho, lobster bisque, eggs cocotte, etcetera.

Main dishes include a slow cooked veal shank with honey and lemon grass. Surprisingly, it was not not sweet. It was a special so it may not be available next time.

Other dishes we enjoyed were the red tuna, sea bass with miso sauce and shrimp in tandoori sauce.

Prices are in US dollars and credit cards are also charged in the same currency, thus avoiding the 40% Euro penalty.

tibouchonresa, Owner at Le Ti Bouchon, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write your lovely review following your dinners at Ti Bouchon. I was delighted that we did such a good job in meetings your expectations and that you run out of words to explain what a special time you had with us. I have shared your lovely coments with my team.
Many Thanks
Kind regars

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel and we went on our first night in St Martin. The food was perfect. The service was impeccable. You can tell that Momo takes great pride in his restaurant. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes French Cuisine. You won't be disappointed. There are restaurants with better views on St Martin, but not many with better food or more character than Le Ti Bouchon.

Dear Client,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
Thank you to take time to share your experience at Ti Bouchon with the TripAdvisor Community.
As you said, if we have the "best food & a great character"....it is because we are proud to have the "best client with a wonderfull character"....like you!!!!!!!!!
We look forward to welcome you back again, and we wish you a Happy, Generous and Healthy New Year!!!!!!!!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We just came back from St Martin and is is by far one of the best restaurants on the island. We were there for my husbands birthday and Mo Mo and staff were absolutely wonderful. The food is fresh and prepared beautiful

tibouchonresa, Owner at Le Ti Bouchon, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Hello& Happy New Year!!!!!
I am sincerely pleased to thank you for leaving a such lovely feedback following your dinner at Ti Bouchon.
I am so glad to read that me meet your expectations for your Husband's birthday.
Please received my Kindest Regards to you & your family.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was so disappointed with this restaurant. It was super close to our hotel and I was so excited to try it because of the reviews on TA but it was such a let down. The food was not great, the menu is limited and the service was mediocre. They forgot one of our appetizers, and I found the food to be extremely salty.

Id recommend going elsewhere and not wasting one dinner here...

4  Thank Cynthia L

Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review, as constructive feedback is always welcome.
We work hard to make our service warm & friendly but never " mediocre" and it is for this that we have many very happy returns guests & reviews.

You have mentioned:
" Limited menu"
I agree with you ( 10 differents appetizers & 10 differrents Main Courses), we can increase easily this number but it will affect the quality & our policy is to work only with fresh items, so as I am used to say "it is always preferable to choose the quality instead of the quantity! "

"Forget one of appetizers"
I am sorry I can not agree with you, because when we took your order you were always debating on your own choice & after several cancellations, even the cancellation of the main course of your husband you decided to share his main course, so I ask you if you cancel your main course ( wich was an appetizer Foie Gras) you confirmed this cancellation . In my mind it is more a misunderstanding then a forgetting! We offerd you to quicly cooked a Foie Gras, you refused it.

"Food extremely salty"
May be you do not noticed that there is no salt or pepper on the table in all the restaurant. The reason is I want that the seasoning was perfect in the kitchen. You ask to one of the waiter to have salt....I deeply respect your taste & palate, but as above I will consider in my opinion that it is an another misunderstanding.

Sorry if we do not match your expectation, and please accept my apoligies.
I very much hope that I can persuade you to consider trying us once more in a soon future.

Best regards

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Magnifique! My husband and I just returned from a trip to St. Martin and we still cannot stop talking about Ti Bouchon! We had arrived on the 23rd and had made no reservations for the 24th. (Always have a reservation at this busy season). We were puttering around the Orient Bay area looking for a pizza place recommended by our host. The pizza place was thankfully closed and we stumbled upon Le Ti Bouchon. Wow! Wow! Wow! We were so fortunate that a party of 26 cancelled their booking that very day as were able to get a spot at this amazing restaurant. The attention to detail in regard to food and service was impeccable. The duck confit is a must order. Momo and his wait staff are so very professional and caring. I wish Momo could tell me about every meal I ate...so much passion and care! We hoped to bookend our trip with another visit to Ti Bouchon, but alas after leaving our table at "Le Pressoir" in Grand Case as no one paid any attention to us, we drove all the way back to Orient Bay in the hopes of having another amazing meal....unfortunately for us there was no room, but we are so thrilled to have had just one experience at Le Ti Bouchon . "Philadelphia" Frohes Neues Jahr, Momo!

Hello, & Happy New Year,

Thank you so much to take the time to share your experience at Ti Bouchon with the TripAdvisor Community.
I am sincerely happy that you enjoyed your dinner, & I wish to welcome you again in a not too distant future.

"Have a Great life"