“Not so nice experiece!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mataas Na Kahoy
La Virginia Hotel & Resort
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

My family and friends just came back from this place and we're a little bit dissapointed. Here's why :

First and foremost, the online inquiry and reservation is a joke and whoever is responsible for replying is not doing a good job for the resort. I was only asking basic question whether the accomodation we need is available or not so that we can finalize our plan and yet no answer was provided. Just a so-so generic email that contains no substance for my inquiry. If they can not afford to reply properly to a basic inquiry then they better remove the online inquiry/reservation options because it's only irritates people.

The only saving grace was the nice lady named Sally whom I talked to when I called them after several days of waiting for response from that useless online inquiry.

We booked the Pagoda for a very pricey 30k per night excluding the entrance fee of 300 pesos per person. The place is not worth the price - the rooms are small, the AC are old and not cooling the small room enough, the toilets are dingy and smelly. Plus there were lots of mosquitos.

The Pagoda is good for 35pax but given that we're only 21 pax, we thought that maybe we could be afforded even a small discount like the 200 pesos entrance fee for a 4 year old girl. But no, they have something else in mind!

When we requested for blanket and towels, they told me that we have to pay rental for the towels. Geezzz, if this not greediness then I don't know what it is. They only wave the fee for the towel when i protested.

And oh, we were also told that we have to pay 500 pesos if we want to use the basketball court during the day or 1,500 pesos during the night. Or 1000 pesos if we ever touch the karaoke machine sitting in our living room.

But thanks to the nice scenery, at least there is something positive I can talk about.

So, would I come back to this place? Based on our experience I think not. Would I recomment this place to my friends? Maybe, but I have to be very cautious.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
19  Thank Willie A
There are newer reviews for La Virginia Hotel & Resort

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Scenic views are stunning esp Taal lake view, physically good as we had to walk around to see all corners for kids to appreciate and take photos, ups and downs are tiring but we enjoyed it. Have to bring preferred food as choices are very limited. Staff are helpful. Cleanliness is ok but they can improve more esp in checking of areas as turnover of people from one place to another is very fast. Very accessible from SLEX.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank GEB8899
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Note: My perspective would be quite on the negative side since there were 300-500 people in the resort when went there.

We went to La Virginia on a day tour with our neighbors, (18 people, half were kids) last weekend. We parked our vans in a spot on the other side of the road. The place was extremely gorgeous. It had a different view of Taal Lake and the surrounding mountains were lush with coconut trees. Very good location. But the resort's decors negated the view! There were poor sculptures of ducks, gorillas, chimpanzees, Captain America, The Flash, helicopters and even women in string bikinis by the pool. There were Chinese-themed houses in the same area with Ifugao-inspired cottages and there were fruit-shaped cottages too. There were too many decorations that did not coordinate. I don't get the theme. The resort could have looked so much better.. Despite the tacky decors, the resort was well-maintained and was kept relatively clean - considering the amount of visitors that day.

Now, upon our 8:30am arrival, we were whisked to information center/reception area to book a cottage. They staff were quite inefficient and were unaccommodating. One staff member counted our heads while we were in our vans before we parked. But at the information center, another staff member had to ask us how many were we. We first booked a P2.5k cottage for 20 people but when we saw the actual cottage it seemed like it would only fit in 12 people; and it was far from the pool and there were no tables yet. We then asked the staff to let us transfer to 2 picnic tables down, near the pool. The tables were, yet again, small and overpriced (P1.5k each). The pools were crowded (this I blame on the day of week) and water from one of the kiddie pools spilled onto the adult pools (not a good idea). One good thing about those pools was that there were lifeguards all the time.

The resort had a gorgeous location (it comforts me to think that from the P300 entrance fee, P250 was for the stunning view and P50 for everything else), but had tacky decors. The stay was fun because of the company and food we had.

You can bring your own food, no corkage (yeay!). Don't go on a summer weekend. Book your cottage in advance. Good luck!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
15  Thank aksl22
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The food was good,the ambiance is relaxing,if your a nature lover this place is the best fit for you..their facilities are really accommodating..this place is great for family and mistress bonding because its a bit far from the city..joke!lol

• Stayed: May 2012
8  Thank Wh9
Reviewed April 10, 2013

La Virginia Hotel & Resort is an amazing place located in a rural area of Mataas na Kahoy. A little bit far from the City proper though everyone can enjoy. The friendly staff are well approachable with their guests. The affordable entrance compliments for the amenities they have offered. There are 9 different sizes and styles of swimming pools that can accommodate large number of guests. Our group spent a day tour only but we have visited all the corners of the place, very tiring day though memorable one. We are also free bringing foods and drinks of our own. :-)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Vox-New
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Location
the place is a bit on far of the highway which is good, since you will enjoy the tress and the environment around the resort.

Price
300 per head adult/child, super pricey for a entrance but if you come and think of it and when you see the place you will see the reason why it is 300. Having a different spot you will enjoy, 13th Station of the cross, and around 5pools surrounding by different setting and all of it is free to use. so 300 is worthy to pay. And they are still improving...

* you can bring your own food, which is good thing since the entrance is pricey.
* can enjoy half the day walking around and taking picture from different design they had

over all i enjoy the place and kids enjoy the different swimming pool they had.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
16  Thank simplyelai
Reviewed September 9, 2012

La Virginia Hotel and resort is a bit pricey and over decorated. Our family ( we are seven adults) took a time off and went there to relax and bond with each other. There is an entrance fee of 300pesos each and we rented the bamboo house which 8,000pesos for an overnight use that has 2 bedrooms with a TV, AC each room and a dining area. The bedroom is not spacious, it will fit 2 persons only and the restroom is too small. The room is dirty, it has cobwebs on the ceiling, floor is also dusty, TV loses its reception every now and then and you will only get FEW LOCAL channels.

For 8 hectares of resort, it is quite big and lots of pool to choose from. Theres also a Jacuzzi area but we are unable to use it since it is being repaired. I said it was overdecorated since there are LOTS of movie/cartoon characters that are being displayed everywhere. They also have color green ponds, color green because of the moss! I wonder why they are not cleaning it.

I wish the resort has a golf cart since the place requires you to walk uphill. They also have zipline rides (which I tried!),and wall climbing. I wish they will also waive the entrance fee if your are going to stay overnight.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay
The Zillion Builders Pavilion

Been to La Virginia Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!