“nice but pricey”

Cintai Corito’s Garden
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited the resort on a weekday for an overnight stay. Getting there is pretty easy. We got a room for 4 and for 6. Both rooms were very spacious and nicely decorated. Bathroom and amenities were superb. Both rooms had an outdoor veranda with tables and chairs. Getting to the rooms is a bit difficult since there are so many steps. Wouldn't advise it for those who are not so mobile. Did not see any wheelchair access so i don't think there's any. The rooms are situated at a distance form each other so there's a lot of privacy. There aren't any tvs in the rooms but there's a pool and bikes if you want to rent one for free. The whole resort is spacious and very green and there are a lot of huts you can rest at. The only drawback is that you cannot bring in any food or drinks and will have to rely on the resort's food and drinks (no restaurants nearby). Overall if you're looking for a place to relax and get in touch with nature, this is the place for you. The only complaint i have is that everything (rooms,food drinks) is too pricey. You can probably find anothet resort with the same ambiance for a lesser price.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Reg E

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife booked an overnight weekend stay in this hotel resort in order to have a mid-September family get-away out of Manila. Initially, we were very excited to go to a Bali-inspired resort outside of the city but then after reading some previous Trip Advisor reviews, anxiety took over excitement. Anyway, that Saturday, we drove to Cintai Coritos, looking forward to a memorable time together but somehow expecting some disappointment. It took us about an hour and a half to get to Balete from Manila. When we reached the place, we immediately felt secure and relaxed with the place. It was a kind of rural setting that suited our purpose even with the on-and-off drizzle and rain. The staff were friendly and attentive and tried their best to satisfy their guests. We cannot complain more. Come the dreaded eating time, we decided to try our luck, well aware of the previous negative reviews. We thought that the price was reasonable and the food quality was not bad. Was the food good? I would say that we were satisfied with the various Asian fusion food that we ordered like the salads, spring rolls, and pork sinigang. Rain or not, we dined al fresco. So we never left the place to eat until checkout time. For a cheap price, we also bought sweet lanzones, which was in season and harvested from the Cintai farm. We enjoyed seeing various animals in the place. As well, the Hindu statues and ornaments added an exotic feel to the already relaxing mood that Cintai Coritos provided. Rooms don't have TVs and internet was provided at the lobby. So it was an opportunity for the family to connect with each other. And relax. And take pictures. I later learned that the place was run by a new management. We have nothing to complain about the place and we intend to return soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ECBatalla
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went to Cintai last Aug, 3 and reserve a garden villa which is good for 9 persons. The direction going to Cintai is quite easy. When we arrive there, we're greeted with chickens and peacocks freely roaming the grounds. We're accommodated right away and so checking in was not a problem. There were also helpers that assists us in carrying our baggage, although I noticed that they're all women so we did not give them the heavy ones. They also gave us welcome drinks before going to our rooms.

Once we arrive in the villa, it was spacious, serene and homey. The comfort room was also huge and clean. There are lots of scenic spots were you can take pictures or just unwind and relax (I learned also that all the carvings in the walls are handmade). There were also 4 pools, although we stayed in the biggest pool since the others are quite shallow. We also had our dinner and breakfast in their restaurant. I've read some reviews regarding their food, and I must say we enjoyed our dinner and breakfast since the servings are big and the taste is good. However, I must agree that the price is quite expensive for the food, and I also noticed that there were ants in the table. Resort employees are also friendly, helpful and would also greet you as you pass by. Overall, we enjoyed our stay in Cintai and we'll definitely be coming back.

Tips: There are no TVs inside the villa, so you may need to bring a book or you may go to their entertainment room although we weren't able to visit that.

Bring lots of OFF lotions, seriously! Bring rubber shoes so you could explore the 7 hectare garden while walking or biking (You may rent a bike for free).

Room Tip: Choose rooms that are near the swimming pool (The big one) and the restaurant. Other Villas are quit...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Riza_Rabe
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Cintai coritos garden is nice especially if you want to spend time with your family. The place is peaceful, the villas were big and have a very nice furnishings. each villa have 3 double bed and 1 day bed that is really nice. The butlers were friendly and very attentive to your needs. The bathroom is big and clean and have 6 towels already. The villa is a bit expensive as well as the food. But overall, i enjoyed my stay there with my friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank docmarika
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the "felt deprived" review.

1. Misleading
The Coritos are misleading clients and guests as they told us that this pavillion can hold 400 guests for our event. And when the day arrived our 150 guests are cramped and squeeze in the pavillion.

2. Not so sure what the employees are doing
Poor service orientation and they are clearly not trained in terms of delivering service. I have more than 150 guests that day when we rent out the open pavillion. Not really worthy to spend money for this type of service. It was around 530 in the afternoon and the pavillion was stuffy. We requested if they can do something but they said they cant even provide fan for the guests.

3. Not for Elderly
I am asking as well for some assistance for my elderly guests and they dont even bother and just give only a smile. They didnt even offer for assistance. Clearly once they got the money they will not bother anymore.

4. Dont bother to stay if they ask
Their service is not that convenient to call. No phone available to call for assistance. They wil give you cellphone number but there will be no response.

5. Upset
It was upsetting that I paid for my guests and the agreement is turn on all the lights for that night but they didnt do it. Only few lights were on. Ended dark and the place wasnt completely seen at night.

6. Will I recommend
Like what they have mentioned, you can just visit this place and DONT EVEN BOTHER TO WASTE YOUR MONEY for this kind of SERVICE. Clearly not worthy to spend a lot for a CHEAP service!

7. Location
NoT convenient as well as it is like 30 to 45 minutes from National road if youre driving. 1 hour if you are going to commute.

8. Will I come back
Nope, Until they improve these negative comments and do something about it.

9. Overall
Terrible Service and Poor valueing of guests will make your place a bad impression. Doesnt mean someone famous went to your place its already good. Value your guests so that they will love it and keep coming back to your place.

Once is enough and will not recommend your place to our friends. Not worthy to spent a lot here since they dont even give 2 star service.

• Stayed: April 2013
20  Thank edwardsfatc
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff are friendly and attentive to our need. The place is clean specially the restroom. The swimming pool is also clean. Nice for picture taking but need continous development. There are also lots of trees that makes the place in low temperature deapite it is already aummer. They serve welcome drinks but i think it will be better if they serve it with ice. Day tour include lunch and snack. But you cant choose what food they will serve.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank fabchell
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Someone visited our office here in Paseo Makati and introduced this resort. Quite expensive rate! She said she can give us 10% discount. Great! The salestalks were convincing and of course the photos at the website were inviting. We decided to visit Cintai by Corito's Garden.
Through the cellphone numbers shown at the website, we finally made our reservation. Your agent mentioned that we can contact her if we decide to check in. If I am not mistaken, she gave us a land line. Unfortunately, I lost her number and was not able to contact her. Beside it is more convenient for us customers to browse the website and dial the numbers shown than searching for the pieces of paper left by any agent. Circumstances like this may recur and I fell that I and/or your guiding principles is unfair to her.

We stayed overnight and it was 4 out of 10. The foods are so so not delicious. I agree the breakfast was controlled. At your price, breakfast must be generously served at buffet. Lunch or Supper price was too much, P550/person? Really Overpricing! Kindly read the previous reviews.The butlers are slow and obviously from the barrio, even told us some of their sad family stories. Our butler said she can only stay until 8pm or I will pay for her overtime. The company will not pay them. I am not sure of this policy. The sweaty waiters looked untidy and could not even carry the treys properly. Lack of training. The menu was only given to us when we asked for it. Butler had to come back and come back again to the kitchen to ask the chef for the next menu list. No ready menu for costly resort like Cintai by Coritos Garden? We heard from the other staff talking that the chef was at the bar drinking beers. No activity, no night life. No wifi. No telephone. Poor telephone signal. The beds and furnitures inside looked expensive though. The pools are fine. Everything is overprice. Awesome landscape and architecture and that's it. Oh my kids enjoyed riding the pony and we loved our photos taken inside your resort. At least something came out great!

I wonder if the Management is reading trip advisor's reviews. Do something about your customers' concerns.
You only gave us the view and the expenses in going to Indonesia but not the EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
13  Thank Dur773
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balete
The Suites at Mount Malarayat
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay
0 mi away
Nayomi Sanctuary Resort

Been to Cintai Corito’s Garden? Share your experiences!