1. Freedom: when you check-in they obligate you to wear a plastic bracelet to indicate that you are staying at the place. You have to wear it day and night, it is very uncomfortable. I have visited many places around the world and this is the first time that a hotel makes me wear a bracelet. It makes me feel that I have lost my freedom. Shame on you Casacada de las Animas.
2. Independence: as a previous reviewer said, you are not allowed to hike by your own. The trails and bridge are controlled and you are obligated to go with a guide person. Shame on you.
3. Restaurant service: we were told that they have just 1 (one) cook and a few waiters. My daughter ordered a "tecito caliente" (hot tea) and they took 1 HOUR and a HALF! to bring it. We were a big group, the meals were served first to half of the people on the table. The rest of the plates were served when the first were finishing their meals. Shame on you.
4. Room Cleanliness: average
5. Comfort: we stayed at a cabin that had just 1 log heater in the central room. In order to stay warm you need to feed the heater constantly with logs. So at night when everybody is sleeping, the heater is off and you get very cold (we stayed there in July, Winter). To get a decent shower water temperature, you have to continuously play with the hot handle and the cold handle, very annoying.
6. Setting: its the Andes Mountains, very beautiful.
7. Price: super expensive for what you get. You pay for a 5 stars hotel and get a decent "rustic" cabin in the mountains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cascada de las Animas is a full service eco-tourism resort located in a natural paradise of over 3700 hectares of rugged mountains and valleys, rivers, springs and waterfalls. Only 60 kilometers from Santiago Chile, you will find a wide assortment of delightful cabins, rooms, hostel accommodations, a full service restaurant, swimming pool and more, all located in a park-like setting. Guided horseback riding, whitewater rafting, trekking, wine tasting excursions and other activities are available year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cascada de las Animas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cascada De Las Animas Hotel San Alfonso
- Cascada De Las Animas Chile/San Alfonso