This is our third visit to Cascadas las Animas.
Rafting: very nice option and probably the best activity the park has. It’s about an hour and a half ride. Don’t go into the water, it is very cold, and you will have a high chance of catching a cold. From a scale from 1 to 10 I give it a 5. The best rafting I have been to is in Honduras. Costa Rica and Brazil also have good rides.
Horse Ridding: it is a 2 and a half hour trip. It’s very challenging, for the horse, because you have to ascend and descend on the steep cliffs. The views are amazing and I definitely recommend it. It might not be suitable for people who are afraid of heights when you are coming back down.
Trekking: it is good option to exercise for a couple of hours maybe after having lunch. The sights and the cascade are not worth the walk.
Canopy: Its been close ever since they announce they were building it. They should take it out of the propaganda until it is ready to be used.
Swimming Pool: only for summer because it is very cold.
The food is delicious and at a good price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cascada de las Animas is a full service eco-tourism resort located in a natural paradise of over 3700 hectares of rugged mountains and valleys, rivers, springs and waterfalls. Only 60 kilometers from Santiago Chile, you will find a wide assortment of delightful cabins, rooms, hostel accommodations, a full service restaurant, swimming pool and more, all located in a park-like setting. Guided horseback riding, whitewater rafting, trekking, wine tasting excursions and other activities are available year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cascada de las Animas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cascada De Las Animas Hotel San Alfonso
- Cascada De Las Animas Chile/San Alfonso