“"BROWN" WATER RAFTING”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“"BROWN" WATER RAFTING”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We had a very good experience. The guides were very professional and we had thorough info before going to the raft and once on the raft a good exercise on moves to perform while descending on the river. We even rescued 3 members of another raft that tipped over and it was handled fast with no major drama. The groups are assigned to a guide that speaks the language and our guide Yuri spoke very good English which was a plus. We were looking forward to having a scrumptious lunch at their restaurant but it had nothing to offer, poor service and lots of flies. Shame.

Visited December 2013

Washington DC
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Horseback Riding in the Andes”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was absolutley one of the big highlights of our family's trip to Chile! The horses were gentle and cooperative, even with novice riders. The views as we rode high into the Andes were breathtaking. The barbecue was delicious and one of the most memorable, authentic meals we had during our trip. A mule carried all the meats, vegetables, fruit, beer, wine, soda up the mountain, and our guides prepared a 5-star lunch for us, from getting the wood fire burning to grill the beef and sausage, cooking a pot of rice and corn, preparing fresh salads, brewing a delicious tea, etc. Our lead guide was Gordita, a lovely and intelligent woman so knowledgeable about horses and the mountains and people. The whole day -- the company of our guides and 9 other guests, the food, the views, the riding -- was delightful! Our family includes a 9 year-old, 14 year-old, 19 year-old, and 49 year-olds. This day trip was a thrill for all of us!
Many thanks to Gordita and her wonderful team of guides.

Visited December 2013
Chile
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Nature by the river”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived to this beautiful place without any booking, there were plenty of expensive accommodation and finally we got the cheapest room, where we were told to get there by ourselves, carrying our luggage by a dirt road. this is a big place and it was difficult to find. Finally we got to the room, nice one but next to the workers one, so the noise started quite early in the morning.
All workers very serious and the owners who work at the restaurant completely unpleasant, treated us as we were little children disorganising their home. Food ok and overpriced.
The place is astonishing in nature and beauty, lots of activities to do like walks, rafting, horses, canopy and they are the most expensive ones in the area. There are many other places where you can hire this for cheaper prices. All of them quite professionals and committed.
Although the place is really nice the owners and their staff are far too serious and you get the idea that this is only a money making business without any concern for customers satisfaction.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank kinarasiglo21
Nairobi, Kenya
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Gave it a second shot, still disappointed”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went the first time with a friend and upon arrival, were told that none of the activities would be available. Also, reception had no idea about any of the activities, couldn't explain anything about the different room types and generally lacked any notion of service or customer service. I would say they were downright rude. We took a horseback tour (cabalgata) that was astonishingly beautiful, but the guide explained basically nothing. The views, however, were worth it. The massages were fine, but we waited in the cold for 15 minutes for them to show and in the end, they were extremely light touch despite having told them that we prefer a more "intense" massage. The sauna is outdated, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. The shower in our room was abysmal. You can choose between burning lava hot and Chilean glacier cold. Or you can do like we did and try to take your shower in the 3 seconds in between when there is a brief moment when the temperature reaches a somewhat acceptable range. Our last activity was to be "canopy" (zip-lines across the forest), but at the last second, the guide announced in front of the whole group and all of the employees that I weigh too much to participate and that the manager had taken a look at me and asked him to tell me that I was simply too fat and would likely break the lines. He then later told my friend that was all ridiculous and that it would have been fine but that the manager had made the decision "for other reasons" (maybe because I'd complained about the front desk staff and the poor service?), but didn't want to tell me himself. Also, the food throughout was an interesting combination of "not-really-what-we-ordered" and "not-really-cooked-appropriately", but still somehow quite tasty.

A few weeks later my brother and sister in law came into town and begged me to take them there to this place because they'd seen our pictures on facebook. I begrudgingly agreed. Not surprisingly, again, on arrival, we were made to feel like idiots for having even come. No rafting and no horse rides (even though I had reserved both). Finally, after a string of dirty looks and phone calls, they relented and said they could provide both but that I was really "putting them out". My brother and sister-in-law said the rafting was terrific and that the guides were top-notch. We didn't even try the canopy tour this time (for obvious reasons), and there were several hiccups with the horse tour, so we ended up taking the walking tour. Of course, at the last second, we were told there would be no English-speaking guide, so I would have to translate for all of the English speakers (there was, of course, no please and thank you). Finally, showers were still tragically bad and the food was, hilariously, not one time over two trips, successfully brought to our table as we ordered. Finally, at the end, when we were checking out, a guy named Jaime treated us so badly (insulting me, telling me "I know how to do math" when I suggested we use google for the currency conversion), that it really had my blood boiling. A devastatingly bad end to an awful second trip to this place.

My frank opinion is that Cascada de las Animas has the best "product" in terms of views, location, range of activities and facilities (the cabins are lovely minus the terrible showers) hands down. The customer service, however, is SO BAD that by the end we simply expected to pay high prices to be treated badly. The answer is ALWAYS "no" unless you push really hard, and then it's inevitably a begrudged "fine, just this once". But, all in all, we went to take in the beautiful mountains, wildlife and flora. And those things were, I have to say, breathtaking. So it might even be worth going and suffering through one of the worst customer service experiences of your life, but just be prepared and don't back down when they are rude, unkind and pushy.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank MCSTOL
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A fantastic day trip”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We recently signed up for a full day tour through Cascada de las Animas including pick up at our hotel in Santiago, a tour of the Concha Y Toro winery (which was fantastic) then and afternoon in the Maipo Valley. The package included lunch and the food was very good - the setting beautiful - their restaurant is almost like a treehouse - great views from the patio to the river. We had some very relaxing time by the pool followed by the most amazing experience of our whole trip to South America - we had a 2 hour horse back ride up the mountain above the resort. Our guide was great - he made us feel very comfortable on the horses and took us on an amazing ride - definitely an experience that we won't soon forget!
We highly recommend the resort and look forward to an opportunity to return and spend more time there.

Visited March 2012