Club Balai Isabel
All reviewsbalai isabeltaal lakeclub balaiaqua parkinfinity poolorchard laneteam buildingbanana boatwater activitiesbasketball courtbring your ownfamily bondingscenic viewbike rentalsdinner buffetbulalofront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2010

the service was way below expectations, very rude coordinator/manager, bad food and small serving, small pool, not organized, nothing much interesting to see. and the club balai isabel vip membership is SO NOT WORTH IT. also the people offering the membership are rude, esp the manager. do not fall into their trap. stupid marketing tactics. you fool people into free "luxury hotel accommodation" sa tonglen beach resort sa boracay between station 2 and 3 na less than 2k lang a night. where's luxury in that???

• Stayed: April 2010
3  Thank balaiisabelsucks
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We stayed in the resort for just 2 days and 1 night and I could say that all of us enjoyed our stay at Balai Isabel. Although we arrived on a day and time with so many people checking out (we stayed Sunday to Monday), I spent just a little time checking-in. It was good that the room assigned to us has been cleaned already when we arrived. We stayed at the Lakeside room at the 2nd floor. I would see that the rooms on this area are new and well kept as compared to the other cottages/villas around the resort. Plus the breathtaking view of the Taal Lake. The room is also close to the clubhouse where the infinity pool is situated. We spent our time just swimming at the pool although according to them, there are other things that you can do inside the resort. The restaurant in the clubhouse serves good food but is quite costly. I anticipated this basing on the reviews that I have read, so we brought our own cooked food that we just re-heated in the microwave oven. But ofcourse, additional food was also ordered from the restaurant. You may request for a a microwave oven if you need it. There's a mini kitchen inside the room where you can cook and wash dishes but there's not enough utensils so you cannot really cook, unless you will bring your own.
Overall, I can say that we had a great stay at the resort and we really enjoyed the magnificent view of the Taal lake.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Great view from our balcony. The room was generally clean but the bathroom was a bit dusty. The bathroom window had no screen. The water pressure for the shower was weak (we stayed at the 3rd floor), so either you hold the faucet lever while you shower, or you put your head under the faucet. The food definitely didn't match the price and the fact that it is a resort hotel. The taste was worse than average and lukewarm. Good thing we ate brunch in Tagaytay. For breakfast the next day, I paid about P80 for a cup of coffee and a few slices of dry raisin bread which they served around 30 minutes after I ordered them.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank mcmanila
Reviewed April 28, 2010

The wifey, our three young kids and I were supposed to stay at Club Balai Isabel in Talisay City for two (2) nights, but we ended up packing our bags late in the evening on the first night and literally fleeing the resort early in the morning of the following day!

We arrived in the afternoon of 16 April 2010, when the heat was sweltering. While we were the only persons at the front desk, the receiving personnel seemed oblivious to us and did not even acknowledge us until my wife complained. Despite that, the staff appeared to be too lazy to smile, more so, entertain our questions about the resort's facilities. That would prove to be a very bad omen of the experiences we would have in the resort...

We were led to our accomodations at the Orchard Villas. Notwithstanding our legitimate "concern" that we had three very young kids with us, we were disappointed that they still assigned us to Villa No. 203, which was on the second floor. True enough, while climbing the stairs, my four-year old daughter slipped and hurt herself. It was then that we insisted on ground floor accomodations, which was eventually granted BUT only after we had already unpacked our stuff. That meant we had to pack up once again and transfer all our belongings to Villa No. 105!

The accomodations were spacious and comfortable, although much can be said about their being dirty and unkept. There was a living room with 2 daybeds (each having a trundle bed underneath), a bedroom with 2 queen-size beds, a toilet and shower room, and a small kitchen/cooking area.

We were then taken around the facilities via a golf cart. First stop was the "Moby Dip" or floating pool, which is essentially a pool in a barge floating on the lake. The same was suprisingly deserted (and on a weekend afternoon!) and we saw why... there was a lot of seaweed ("lumot") floating around the barge which gave off a slimey smell. Next was the clubhouse and its infinity pool, which wasn't exactly very clean. Nonetheless, the views of the lake and the Taal Volcano were picturesque and so breathtaking. That was probably the resort's only saving grace.

When we returned to our villa, we decided to take a dip at the pool nearest to Orchard (next to the function rooms). Again, the same was not very clean but since the kids wanted to swim, my wife and I couldn't protest.

That evening, we came home to a villa infested with giant spiders (i.e., as huge as the diameter of a regular drinking glass). Worse, there were numerous cockroaches (i.e., more than twenty and of different sizes) in the bathroom. We immediately complained to the front desk and a cleaner was soon dispatched. But still... my wifey and kids were so shaken and traumatized by the experience. Since it was late already, we couldn't really move out and transfer to another place anymore. Wifey and I decided to leave first thing in the morning. Needless to say, it turned out to be a sleepless night for the entire family as noone could take the thought of crawiling spiders and cockroaches of his/her mind.

The following morning, while we were preparing to ship out... and thinking that it couldn't get any worse than what we had been throug, lo and behold, there was a blackout which lasted for more than ten minutes. It didn't help that we had to give our kids a bath under very hot and uncomfortable circumstances.

We ended up fleeing into nearby Tagaytay City, into the arms of our favorite haven in the hills, the Discovery Country Suites, where we scrambled to save what was left of our weekend family getaway.

Having said the above, it is quite clear to us that we are NEVER EVER returning to Club Balai Isabel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank RyanSJ
Reviewed April 20, 2010

This would be our second time to go to this resort, we bought a 2-night stay leisure card a few months ago and I can say that it was worth it. My wife and I went alone first to check it out last October, it was right after typhoon Parma (Pepeng) so I wasn't expecting much, even though the resort was a wreck because of the storm, I saw the potential it had. Since the food was great and the service was excellent, we thought that it would be a nice place to revisit with the kids.

So after several months and making sure the facilities were operational (mobi-deep, etc.), we went back to Club Balai, this time with the whole family. The service remained excellent, although there were a lot more people this time. Apart from good weather, there were 2 or three wedding receptions that weekend.

The food was still great, better I would say since our last visit. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, the kids definitely had a good time. There was a lot more to do since they re-opened some of the facilites that was destroyed during the storm(s), and I see that they are constructing a larger pool on one end of the resort, can't wait to go back when that is finished.

The biggest plus for me is that this place is so near (the city), only an hour away from where I live (Las Pinas), my advice is that you take the Batangas route via Star tollway. The route via Tagaytay may be shorter, but the road going down to Talisay (ligaya road i think it its name) is so steep, windy, full of hairpin turns, it reminded me of Lombard street in San Francisco, only longer with potential landslide areas. In fact during our first trip, a truck was stuck on a steep, muddy section on the road; blocking the entire path. Going down that road was a hair raising experience, going back up on the way home was 10x worse. Although I feel that I am a better driver now after going through that. That is why I decided to pass the longer (and less stressful) route through Batangas during our second trip.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family