“It is the best hotel you will find in Talisay.”
Review of Club Balai Isabel

Club Balai Isabel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Talisay
Reviewed July 22, 2013

As the secretary of the Hotel and resort association in Talisay (And I don't work fot Balai Isabel I am the Manager of Taal Lake Yacht Club) I can say without any hesitation that this is the best you will find. It has the best rooms, the best selection of food. the best grounds, the best pools, It is the choice of many to have their weddings here, and bring friends.
The downside is, Its often crowded. This is the price of success. Balai is constantly expanding though, and it expands acres at a time, so any review gets outdated pretty quickly.
Food prices are reasonable, and staff are very accommodating. Generally speaking, they will try very hard to please you, and they will if they can.
Balai has the most expensive rooms in Talisay. They also have the highest occupancy rate. When I have events, I tell people to book early if they want to stay at Balai, because they are usually full. The guests are often foreign, but a majority of the guests are locals. They are there for corporate conferences or team building, or they are there because there is a clan gathering or a wedding. It is not uncommon to thave 2 or 3 weddings a day there. Very often there is a fireworks show on the weekend, because there is an evening wedding.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Balai_Isabel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Club Balai Isabel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Guest Sailtaal,

We feel proud that we were able to meet the expectations of someone who has affiliation with the tourism industry and works at the same business as well. Your good review is heartwarming and flattering! We are deeply touched! Thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Balai Isabel is a sprawling resort, with many hotel buildings and villas spread out throughout the complex. Our room was right across the pool and when we wanted a dip, we called the front desk to request for towels. They said "Certainly", and we can pick up the towels at the reception area. The Reception area was about a 5 - 10 minute walk, in a separate building in another part of the complex. I asked that they deliver the towels to our room instead, (as what every hotel does in this world). They said they could not do it because I need to sign for the towels. I said, "fine, I will sign for it here when I get the towels". They still refused and said it was their standard procedure that I need to go there and sign for it. The reception is out of the way, and it appears Balai Isabel goes out of their way to inconvenience guests. We only ad a short window to swim, so my kids ended up not swimming that day. The person on the phone showed no initiative or creativity. She simply followed what she knew no matter had stupid it was.

That night we asked for a 1 hour room massage. The lady doing the massage promptly ended her massage barely 30 minutes into it. I told her about it and she even had the gal to check her phone to see if it was indeed just 30 minutes. After staring at her phone for 5 minutes, she just stood there waiting to be dismissed and said noting. (By the way, she was reading a message from her phone during the massage)

Then we come to the water. The pressure was not strong enough to be able to use the shower and the heat would disappear 1 minute within use. They use those small heaters that are installed within the bathroom that you can adjust. It turns on when the water runs then the power dies after a minute. The bathrooms are of cheap quality. Water form the sink leaks into the floor.

Food was average (except for the Sinigang). The beds were nice though, and the person at check out was happy to deduct a portion of the price for the massage. But this hardly makes up for what I haves said above.

Last, I was part of a big group with a separate check out, so that was fairly smooth but looking at the normal check-out area, the line was long and many people looked pissed. They can't handle many check-outs on a Sunday at lunch it seems.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fknandrew
Balai_Isabel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Club Balai Isabel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest Fknandrew,

We apologize for the inconveniences we have caused you. The front office personnel would normally deliver towels upon request of our guest. This unfortunate incident that you have described was a deviation from our standard protocol and we are truly sorry for this. We brought up the matter to the department head and he assure us that situation like this will not happen again. Thank you for sharing this to us.

Regarding your massage experience, we understand of how you might have felt because of the unacceptable manners and service our therapist had given you. We traced who was your masseur that time and she was given disciplinary action on the nuisance she have caused you. Club Balai Isabel has a line up of “customer service training” for the year to avoid slip-up like these.

We are currently doing renovations in some part of the hotel and it is good that you have pointed out this defect in our heater. It is due for an upgrade already.

Thank you for taking your time giving us a substantial review. Please accept our apology. We do hope that you will visit us again!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

club balai isabel is HUGE! I saw 3 pools available. they have trams to transport guests. the room we stayed in at orchard lane room 203 was small and good for 6-8 pax. they have 2 pull out beds outside and 2 queen sized bed inside. 1 mini kitchen and 1 bathroom with soap/shampoo/bottled water per guest in the room. it would have been great if there are 2 bathrooms for big groups.

i was wowed with the food served by club balai every meal time including snacks. they were fresh. great tasting and abundant! we even complained that we kept on eating(we were on a workshop with working breaks). the food was superb and great!! the staff attending to our team was exceptional also, very attentive without being intrusive(jul 6-7 2013)

i strongly recommend eating at club balai.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Balai_Isabel, Sales & marketing Manager at Club Balai Isabel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest Cheepat,

We took good notice about your high commendations about our food and exceptional team! Thank you for such appreciation. You inspire us more! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our group stayed in Villa Frijas for an overnight stay. At first, I thought the villa will not be nice since I have read in the reviews that they are not well-kept but no, the villa was lovely and it seems like it is being well-kept. The villa have 1 master bedroom at the 1st floor, 3 rooms in the 2nd floor and beds in the attic so all 18 of us fit very well. The problem when we get there was 1 of the rooms were locked but after calling front desk, they sent someone to open the locked room and he also assisted all of us with the AC in our rooms since it was taking sooooo long for the room to cool, apparently, we were just doing something wrong. Each room has 1 shower and toilet and there is another 1 common shower and toilet so that makes it 5, which was enough since there were 18 of us and 75% were girls and you know how girls are when using the bathroom. We had our own food and as long as you eat it in the villa, there will be no corkage fee.

The amenities of the place were ok. Our group enjoyed the pools and I took a dip in all three pools since I love swimming. :) My friend love buying something in everywhere we go and she enjoyed buying in their souvenir shop. They sell these gelatos near the souvenir shop, a little bit pricey, P100 for every small ice cream but it was ok. The gelato that she bought was Kapeng Barako and the flavor was there, only problem is that it was too sweet. My friends also enjoyed playing in the court. When we were exploring the place, my friends and I got a little tired of asking people, where's this where's that and when we learned that we can ride their coaster as long as there's a driver, we went in and as it turns out the pool that we were about to go to was near but he was still nice to drive as there.

Lastly, the staff was incredible, we really did not need much since we are a group with our own food and own stuff but when we call, they are always nice to answer to our whimp. They are also good-looking and very accommodating. They were nice to buy something for us at the convenience store for no additional charge very early in the morning, it was 7:30am, maybe I think it was too early since we slept at 3am. Even the guards are nice, one guard even took us to the other pool, instead of just pointing it to us. Someone is also roaming around to ensure the security since some guests may forget about locking their rooms or villas due to excitement. There will always be someone who will pop out in their pools as soon as they realize that someone is swimming. The only problem is that there clinic opens up at 9 am and did not even care to offer anything rather than ask our friend to go to their office to be checked when our friend was having sort of a hypertension attack at around 8 am. The person is having hypertension attack, you should not make them walk, you should let them rest, duh?! Besides some problems, our group enjoyed the place and it was the best team building ever. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Balai_Isabel, Sales and Marketing Manager at Club Balai Isabel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest gaILERA08,

Thank you for sharing your kind review about Club Balai Isabel especially when you describe our staff as incredible and accommodating. It is our commitment to deliver service excellence to our customers!

And with our deep regret, we apologize that you had a not-so-nice experience with our locator's clinic.We have taken that incident seriously and notify the clinic's management.

Club Balai Isabel have a first-aider staff /nurse that can be inquired from our our Front Office, if problems like this occur.

On a positive light, we are happy that we impart an enjoyable team building experience with your group! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Me and family planned on an overnight trip with friends. We decided to try this resort but the reviews made us think twice in choosing this resort. Neverthelessless I decided to stay here despite all the negative reviews I read coz this was the most convenient place by distance and not to mention the rates are reasonable.
I was surprised to find a haven contrary to all the negative reviews I read. I will suggest this place coz of the following reasons:
First the location of this resort is very convenient. You just need to take the SleX and the Star Toll way then in less than an hour you will find this well secured resort. It was very easy to locate coz of the signs on the road.
Second : Security
Upon entering the gate you need to declare the persons in your car. If you would decide to go out of the resort you will need to get a car pass an declare the number of pax that went out. The same number of pax should re enter.
Third: Value for money
We stayed at the orchard lane because we wanted to stay in 1 room together. We were surprised to see the room/ was quite spacious and comfortable. The cottage has 1 bedroom with 2 deluxe bed, 1 spacious bathroom, 2 pull out single beds at the sala, dining table for 4 and a kitchen complete with utensils you will need.
For the amount of 6300 the room was a bargain.
Fourth: you'll never run out of things to do!
They have all sort of activities, well except golf, to do. You can play basketball, go swimming in their Olympic size pool, go biking, water sports, billards, etc. overnight stay is too short.

Fifth: you can bring food and cook.
We didn't have to deal with the problem of unlimited servings, taste of food and food choices since we bought our pre cooked food for the evening, and easy to cook food for breakfasts. Needless to say we brought unlimited snack galore for the kids and drinks and "pulutan" for us adults for the evening.

Downside: of course in every hotel there are downsides. However the downsides can be addressed well. Take note of the negative comments you read and you make a direct request to the staffs to address on these concerns you read and they are ready to do so.

Pointers:
1. Upon check in make sure to check on the gas for cooking and utensils you will need while the attendant is still present so you can request from him the things that you will need. You might have left some stuffs at home that you will need for cooking you can ask them to get you one.
2. Make sure you have a telephone unit in your room. The reception area is quite far from the orchard lane so will have a hard time calling their attention if you have no telephone unit.
3. Keep the windows closed. Keep in mind that you are in a resort beside the lake and with plenty of trees around. Expect insects and bugs roaming around the resort. You don't want them inside your bedroom so shut your windows. We got the 3rd floor unit. It was blessing in disguise that the height kept us quite safe from low altitude crawling insects.
4. Bring car cover. It's best to bring car covers to protect your car from falling fruits.

Room for improvements;
Pool areas- swimmers (especially with the Olympic size) and supervising adults would want to eat and drink. There should be a bar/restaurant near the area.
Bicycle area- we enjoyed biking around the resort. I suggest the management should add more bikes enough for the guests to use.

Over all we had a good stay and I will recommend this resort to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Conneth
Balai_Isabel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Club Balai Isabel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest Coneth,

We are pleased to learn how you enjoyed your stay at Club Balai Isabel. Your review is relevant to us since all our efforts are dedicated for our guest's satisfaction. Thank you for giving us the chance to give you the haven contrary to all the negative write-ups about us. We take note of your suggestions and we will be working on it immediately. At the same time, we appreciate the "pointers" that you shared too! Thank you for the wonderful commendations. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

i do stay in different place some resort in luzon, visayas and mindanao, and over sea's. and yet i cant call it a perfect vacation because of some flaws. some comment's here in club balai isabel are tolerable to make the services almost perfect, but we are all humans we do commit mistake/s. maybe im just an open minded person. my stay in balai are awesome, the view are very relaxing especially when were walking along the shore, the food are amazing, the staff/s are kind they always greet the guest/s. there's alot of flies during my stay, but i asked alot of candles to avoid them.

all in all my stay are very good, great, again not perfect.

to the resort keep calm because YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYBODY!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank daniel l
Balai_Isabel, Manager at Club Balai Isabel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a great review about Club Balai Isabel. Our eagerness to satisfy our guests is our top most priority. Comments good or bad are like fuel to us, it makes the Club Balai team alive and kicking! Happy that we impart an enjoyable stay! We love the positive light you imbibe!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The greatest attraction of Club Balai Isabel to me is the overall styling of all their structures including the villas, cottages, hotel, chapel, and the others that drew inspiration from the old times. The use of stone, colored stained glass, iron grills, and wood lent an artistic touch that is often seen in ancestral homes. Although I do admit that old and old-styled structures hold a strong attraction to me, I draw the line in old resort facilities. Sadly, the playground equipment as well as the billiard and dart facilities were in a dilapidated state. The water heater in our bathroom was also not working. I believe a little more effort in housekeeping will go a long way especially in ensuring that a clean ref and oven is ready for use. After all, guests really wouldn’t like to be bothered with cleaning tasks since this is supposed to be a vacation.

The good thing about all the things I mentioned is that these can easily be remedied. These are relatively minor things that can be solved by purchasing new equipment and adopting stricter cleaning and maintenance check of every room before being offered to guests. Other than these, Club Balai Isabel is actually a good place for family bonding.

See other photos & read more here: http://teresay.com/family-bonding-at-club-balai-isabel/

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1TereSay

Hi Ms. Teresa! We take note of everything and rest assured, that we will take actions on those recommendations. It was such a great review! We carry the honor being a part of your family bonding! And we are equally excited to see all your enthusiastic blog followers to visit Club Balai Isabel too. Reading their comments is a delight to us! Hope to meet you next time! Keep writing, you are an inspiration!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Talisay
Coral Beach Club
Pico Sands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Nasugbu
Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to Club Balai Isabel? Share your experiences!