Spent the weekend (3 days and 2 nights). Good thing it was shouldered by a client or else I would have gone on a rampage if I was the one who paid for the stay. In fairness to the place, it is a nice place but poorly maintained and managed. Terrible service or rather, it's lack of it. When we checked in, the attendant at the front desk looked clueless as to how to welcome us to the resort. Maybe because there was already a prior deposit made for me that the staff seemed to not care to welcome us anymore. We were just given a map and our room key and sent on our way to find our own room. When we entered the room assigned to us, it was dusty and the cable tv was not working. Called the front desk and was assured that they will send a tech guy to check it out. None came. There was no staff to attend to the needs of the guests. Housekeeping came the next morning and JUST swept the floor. At checkout, there was a long line at the counter because the attendant wasbusy looking at some papers than attending to guests who have formed a long line waiting for checkout. The lack of service of this resort really killed the place. Though I find the place quite breath taking, am never going to return anymore. The lack of service is so annoying that I have contemplated of ripping off the 2 plaques of hospitality awards given to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on the shores of the world-famous Taal Lake and across from its volcano is a place where you can relax, connect and be with nature. Club Balai Isabel offers an option for an active lifestyle with all the comforts of city living. A mere fifteen minutes from the Tagaytay ridge, it offers an up-close and personal view of the lake and its world-famous volcano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Club Balai Isabel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Balai Isabel Hotel Talisay
- Hotel Balai Isabel
- Club Balai Isabel Batangas/Talisay