The check-in is so smooth, that we were immediately allowed to get inside room 205 on Orchard Road.
Resting mode on...
Entertainment and living area offer 2 sleeping sofa with extended cushions underneath it. They offer complete set of towels and blankets. Television has limited cable channels, but with radio station option.
Terrace has a small table and 2 short benches.
Bedroom offers 2 queen size beds, cabinet, hangers, and desk lamp. It also has connecting door to the bathroom.
Bathroom is spacious with separate slide for the ordinary shower (not rain shower). Don't worry if you notice a pail and dipping cup (Fil. tabo), it is a normal scene for Filipino culture. And rest assured that they provide hot and cold water efficiently. They also offer basic toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, soap and one roll of tissue paper.
Kitchen has frying pan, stove and gas, plates, coffee mugs, drinking glass and utensils. They also provide six complimentary bottled water and coffee sachets.
Good to see that they provide reading materials (http://balikbayanmag.com/) to promote Philippine tourism which I think will be much appreciated by foreign guests. In case of any problem or inquiry, front desk assistant is just a dial away with their provided phone inside the room.
On a side note, I do suggest that they add exhaust fan and maintain air freshener in the toilet. Add absorbent door mats, since having indoor sleepers will take much of an effort to keep it hygienic.
The only problem we encounter in the room is that the air-conditioner was not able to cool the room. I must commend the technician who was very accommodating to fix an overheat compressor even at 10:00 pm.
Hungry mode on...
Terazza Restaurant is the main restaurant inside the resort which offers an expensive buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can opt to cook at your place (Orchard Lane) or order from ala carte menu to get a cheaper combination of food that you can share to all.
Swimming mode on!
All in all there are 5 pools to deep dive: adult and kiddies’ pool near the restaurant (Terraza pool), garden pool (Talisay pool) and infinity pool (Kumintang pool) where adult area is 4-7 feet deep.
Don’t fail to hear a Sunday mass even if you are on a vacation mode. Normally there is a 9:30 am mass at the Spousal of Mary and Joseph Chapel.
Bring a lot of patience when you check-out. It took us around 30 minutes before we get back the car pass and finally leave the place.
Visit http://ruffeecola.blogspot.com/2013/04/20130420.html for the complete photos.
I like the most is there are lots of green and trees all over the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on the shores of the world-famous Taal Lake and across from its volcano is a place where you can relax, connect and be with nature. Club Balai Isabel offers an option for an active lifestyle with all the comforts of city living. A mere fifteen minutes from the Tagaytay ridge, it offers an up-close and personal view of the lake and its world-famous volcano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Club Balai Isabel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Balai Isabel Hotel Talisay
- Hotel Balai Isabel
- Club Balai Isabel Batangas/Talisay