Club Balai Isabel
All reviewsbalai isabeltaal lakeclub balaiaqua parkinfinity poolorchard laneteam buildingbanana boatwater activitiesbasketball courtbring your ownfamily bondingscenic viewbike rentalsdinner buffetbulalofront office
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This resort has a really good location. Very close to Manila. I asked for a lakefront room and we enjoyed the peaceful view on the top floor. I did not think Taal lake would be this serene and expansive from up close. I loved the trees and foliage at the resort. They have various activities, two swimming pools. My kids had fun exploring the church which I thought was really pretty. A garden wedding reception was being prepared underneath the canopy of an old and majestic tree.

The resort though needs a lot of updating. The room door creaked loudly and would not open all the way. We had a spacious loft since we had three children. The room was bare and spartan. Blankets were thin. The room was pretty basic. The food needs to be improved. Big time. The buffet spread was not appetizing at all. The rest of the amenities, like the obstacle course are great ideas but rundown. The lake shore was dirty. I would never let my kids dip even their toes into it. Management could at least clean up their shore line.

Checking out was frustrating because only 1 receptionist manned the counter and there were several families leaving. I would come back but hesitate because of the food.

Room Tip: choose a lakefront room, on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cbmaria
Balai_Isabel, Manager at Club Balai Isabel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Hi Mam,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to know that you love our trees and foliage. We are doing our part with regards to taking care of the lakeshore of Taal Lake; and we hope to do it even better. We are working out ways that would improve our services. We are coming up with new menus and employing extreme efforts to improve our existing menu offerings. The obstacle course is scheduled for renovation this month. It’s true that during weekends there are lots of guests checking out. However, we are encouraging our guests to check out or settle their bills early to avoid the noontime rush at the front desk. We are also enhancing the capacities of our Front Office Associates. Your feedback is highly appreciated and we hope to have see you again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This waterfront property needs a Facelift. Great Location but this place for an outdoor event (such as a Wedding) is too rundown looking. Needs Cleaning and a Fresh, new look. Staff very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bill P
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed at this resort-hotel over the week-end as our company held it's national sales conference. It is situated at the shores of the Taal Lake with a direct view of the volcano. The property is huge; with several buildings and villas scattered around. From Makati, it took me around eighty minutes to get there as you can pass the STAR tollway and exit at the Tanawan exit. From the exit, it is around 14km to the resort. Because of the size, you require sufficient personnel to maintain it. In this area, I am afraid they are unsuccessful. I had a Superior Room with a View at the third floor of the Agoncillo Building. It is fairly large and includes a kitchenette. On it's website, there is supposed to be a microwave but I saw none. I actually did not need it; but upon inspection of the cupboards, the insides were dirty and I noted a cockroach crawling inside. The cleanliness over-all left a lot to be desired.

I would recommend this place if you have an event and you can negotiate for a good price. The food is above average and the service is also very good. However, I wouldn't pay for their published rates if I was going on my own; as there is nothing much to do here and the facilities are really not that luxurious.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CarloRago
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We truly salute Mr. Nelson Terrible, President & CEO of Club Balai Isabel, Mrs. Beth Santos Resident Manager, Rocel Gelera, Coordinator and staff involve for a job well done. The Resort is truly World Class and the Wedding Ceremony and Reception was dressed and prepared to suit the true picture and environment of the Resort Beach and the Taal Lake that embraced the resort. The Resort has a lot to offer to make the stay memorable. Cost of Accommodations and Associated Costs are reasonable enough to make an immediate decision without hesitation or not to think twice.

We are truly grateful for the displayed of truly hospitality trait of Filipinos where we belongs and sometimes from long absence from the country you became amazed of the true Filipino trait. The Services that we received is commendable and the accommodations are clean and well dressed.

Room Tip: Beach Front is a very good choice with price. Other accommodations are in good locations and very roomy
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Balai_Isabel, Manager at Club Balai Isabel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your heart-warming feedback. It is our mission to provide our guests with WOW service and we are truly grateful that you have appreciated our efforts. We hope to see you again at Club Balai Isabel!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were here April 2012. Bringing my Balikbayan cousin and her husband and my mother. From Quezon City we took the Tagaytay - Talisay Road. We were all excited in anticipation what this resort has to offer. Balai Isabel is itself a community - built along side of the Taal Lake and overlooking the famous Taal Volcano. We were booked in the Deluxe Room in the Agoncillo Building (Senior Citizen and PWD friendly). It has a loft with an industrial wall fan that sounded terrible. The room has a split type ACU that will freeze the guest in the ground floor but is not sufficient to cool the loft area. (It should be relocated). It has a veranda overlooking the lake. Sorry to say that the bathroom faucet is broken, we used the timba and tabo. The tiles are stained and shower enclosure is likewise with water stain.
Swimming pool is really big and with lifeguard. But they are not strict on the implementation of proper swim wear specially with the day tour guests who were wearing Tshirts. The food did not even pass our simple taste buds. The free breakfast sucks.
What amazed us were the mango trees with fruits so plenty, the cashew trees, and the butterfly sanctuary. The chapel inside the resort so serene and peaceful.
I am sure that Club Balai Isabel will achieve their vision of being an Ecotourism Resort as their fruit trees are all beaming with pride. But guests will not sleep under the mango trees - please don't let the grandeur vanish. Check out the maintenance and the kitchen as well. . . .

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hu-else

Hi,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for imparting your feedback. We regret that your stay was not satisfactory. We already changed our shower curtains, fixed the bathroom fixtures and air conditioned units in all the rooms not only where you stayed. We have intensified the implementation of proper swimming wear in our pools. Likewise, our new menu will the phased-in to replace the existing. We assure you that we will bring back the grandeur. We hope to see you again soon.